Shiney new stand Hearts vs Thistle

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/20/2017 at 00:19, RandomGuy. said:

Levein saying Particks goal was offside, and was also a handball. Can't understand how Hearts fans can stand him

Alan Archibald reaction after the Hearts """""goal""""" from the 1-1 at Firhill as per BBC:

"[The equaliser] comes from a bad kick by our goalkeeper, but we don't deal with it after that," Archibald said.

"His team-mates should get him out of jail and they don't. They take a quick corner and we don't react.

"I couldn't tell [if the ball crossed the line] from where we are at live time, I just saw the linesman running right away, so he made his mind up.

"I've seen it on a small monitor and it's hard to tell, so I'm hoping there's a better camera to see it from. It happened so quickly."

Levein reaction after the 1-1 at Tynecastle as per BBC:

Hearts boss Craig Levein claimed the officials' failure to spot an offside and a handball prior to Partick Thistle's equaliser cost his side a win on their Tynecastle return.

The hosts led through a sweet second-half strike from Isma Goncalves.

But Thistle substitute Kris Doolan swept home a fierce shot with five minutes left to leave Levein fuming.

"I'm disappointed. I thought we did enough to win it, without being brilliant," he told BBC Scotland.

"Then when I see that the equaliser is offside and there's a handball, it makes me more miserable.

"If the officials had done their job a bit better, then they wouldn't have got the goal.

"One of their players is clearly offside when the ball is played in, and there is clearly a handball. That frustrates the life out of me. They had one shot on goal in the entire 90 minutes.

"Maybe the ref and the linesman didn't see the handball, but he is clearly offside. I thought it would take something like that today because defensively we didn't need to get out of second gear. I am sitting here ruing the fact that the linesman didn't do his job properly."

Still can't believe Levein was ever trusted to be the national team manager.

On 20/11/2017 at 15:46, Dr Koop said:

Shit Scotland manager, ergo he's automatically wrong. 

Was Cerny going off his head at Lafferty when Hearts scored? Hard to tell. No idea what the Plague is talking about at the equaliser, but match officials are invariably correct. (Cough.)

Cerny definitely appeals, but seemed to be on his own.

Watching the replay, the goal could've easily been ruled out. 

Alan Archibald reaction after the Hearts """""goal""""" from the 1-1 at Firhill as per BBC:

"[The equaliser] comes from a bad kick by our goalkeeper, but we don't deal with it after that," Archibald said.

"His team-mates should get him out of jail and they don't. They take a quick corner and we don't react.

"I couldn't tell [if the ball crossed the line] from where we are at live time, I just saw the linesman running right away, so he made his mind up.

"I've seen it on a small monitor and it's hard to tell, so I'm hoping there's a better camera to see it from. It happened so quickly."

Levein reaction after the 1-1 at Tynecastle as per BBC:

Hearts boss Craig Levein claimed the officials' failure to spot an offside and a handball prior to Partick Thistle's equaliser cost his side a win on their Tynecastle return.

The hosts led through a sweet second-half strike from Isma Goncalves.

But Thistle substitute Kris Doolan swept home a fierce shot with five minutes left to leave Levein fuming.

"I'm disappointed. I thought we did enough to win it, without being brilliant," he told BBC Scotland.

"Then when I see that the equaliser is offside and there's a handball, it makes me more miserable.

"If the officials had done their job a bit better, then they wouldn't have got the goal.

"One of their players is clearly offside when the ball is played in, and there is clearly a handball. That frustrates the life out of me. They had one shot on goal in the entire 90 minutes.

"Maybe the ref and the linesman didn't see the handball, but he is clearly offside. I thought it would take something like that today because defensively we didn't need to get out of second gear. I am sitting here ruing the fact that the linesman didn't do his job properly."

Still can't believe Levein was ever trusted to be the national team manager.

If the ref didn’t see the handball then he had to assume that the ball came to Doolan off a Hearts player so offside wouldn’t be an issue.

Archived