Utd v League One Favourites Falkirk

16 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

If Kerr & Miller are added to the list of walking wounded and McKee banned then I fear that Utd will absolutely batter us.

We surely can't hope to compete with Blues and Craigen as the main men in midfield? I think Hartley will need to try something different if this is the case, probably going to a back 3 with McGhee moving into midfield to supply some muscle?

Thomson

Watson, Balatoni, Grant

Muirhead, Blues, McGhee, Craigen, Gallagher

Loy, Austin

Gasparotto, Hippolyte, Harris, Longridge, Dunne, Stowe & Mutch.

Hopefully the Miller & Kerr injuries were more 'can't play twice in a week' than anything too serious and they'll be available. Likewise, hopefully McKee's case is not proven and he's there too.

Gallacher should be nowhere near our first 11 till after he goes out on loan and proves himself.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

So, using the scenario that I quoted, what team would you put out?

It's irrelevant really, it will be 4-2-3-1 and we will at best get a draw, more likely a defeat by two or more goals.

FTR I'd go with a 4-4-2 or4-4-1-1.

We should be sending Gallacher out on loan till May, he is no way ready for championship football especially in a struggling team

33 minutes ago, MrDust said:

It's irrelevant really, it will be 4-2-3-1 and we will at best get a draw, more likely a defeat by two or more goals.

FTR I'd go with a 4-4-2 or4-4-1-1.

We should be sending Gallacher out on loan till May, he is no way ready for championship football especially in a struggling team

So, presumably, you think that Blues and Craigen will be sitting? I'd rather have Gallagher on the left with Grant behind him than those two as defensive midfielders TBH. Either that or Hippo at wing back but that would be pushing it as he's been doing my nut in of late!

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So, presumably, you think that Blues and Craigen will be sitting? I'd rather have Gallagher on the left with Grant behind him than those two as defensive midfielders TBH. Either that or Hippo at wing back but that would be pushing it as he's been doing my nut in of late!

Its Tuesday, we don't know if Kerr or McKee are out, still be 4-2-3-1 and we will get beat

First go on P&B (and on any forum, so go easy on me please!!!)

Really looking forward to this game after the dross we had to sit through on Saturday (albeit Fyvie's strike was a peach).

Am concerned though as after the full first 11 being changed for the fizzy cup the last time (after 2 goood wins in the league), the performance at Livi was like the starting 11 had just met for the first time in the car park before the game, and the less said about the ICT game the better....

Hopefully the Shabba effect will kick in and he can build on the confidence and grit that Laurie has injected into the first team in the last few league games.

Predict 2-1 United (SMcd/Stanton)

54 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Really looking forward to this game after the dross we had to sit through on Saturday (albeit Fyvie's strike was a peach).

Am concerned though as after the full first 11 being changed for the fizzy cup the last time (after 2 goood wins in the league), the performance at Livi was like the starting 11 had just met for the first time in the car park before the game, and the less said about the ICT game the better....

Hopefully the Shabba effect will kick in and he can build on the confidence and grit that Laurie has injected into the first team in the last few league games.

Wellcome.

BTW that’s the worst first post I’ve ever read on P&B.

The season is over, sack the board. Time to blood the youth for next season.

Thomson

Balatoni - Muirhead - McGhee

Finlayson - Blues - Taiwo - Gallacher 

Stowe

Austin - Girdwood

Those who don't agree with me are clearly happy clappers, I'm sure those knowledgeable people over at the COYB Falkirk Fan Page will agree with me completely on this:angry::angry:

2 hours ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Thomson

Stowe

Austin - Girdwood

Those who don't agree with me are clearly happy clappers, I'm sure those knowledgeable people over at the COYB Falkirk Fan Page will agree with me completely on this:angry::angry:

I agree - Give youth a chance; starting Sunday - (Under 19s would be ideal)

2 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Got to roughen them up at some point and an inevitable unpunished flying elbow from Edjenguele while he's defending a corner would be the perfect opportunity.

I sincerely hope that Edge isn’t playing.

5 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Got to roughen them up at some point and an inevitable unpunished flying elbow from Edjenguele while he's defending a corner would be the perfect opportunity.

Hmm - Only flaw in your logic is that it will be very hard for The Edge to get a flying elbow in from his place on the bench. - Maybe he could sneak one in whilst stretching ineffectually behind the goal.....

Thomson
Stowe
Austin - Girdwood

Surely at it.

Welcome, now leave whilst you still have your sanity and never come back.

Archived