Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed squad of Raith and Ayr? I’ll try to be as impartial as possible.

Hart

Geggan Benedictus Higgins Boyle

Vaughan Robertson Adams Crawford

Moffat Shankland

I’m sure I’ll get stick off Raith fans for only including 3 of their players but it could easily be 2 if Docherty had been playing as well as he has in the past. Hart has also improved since his blunders up at Raith earlier on and considering Graeme Smith is the only goalkeeper of yours I’ve seen this season Hart gets the nod over him.

Yeah that's what I meant. Smith is useless. I thought Hart looked good when he came on at starks last season but based off of his performance this season I'd have to plump with

Cuthbert (if he even counts now, if not I'd have lennox)
Geggan benedictus Higgins Murray
Vaughan Robertson adams (oh how I wish we still had callachan) barr
Buchanan shankland

We've had the best defence in the league by quite a bit, and Benedictus had hardly played. We've only conceded 6 goals all season in the league.

Its a team on paper, not form. It's just for banter. Our defence looks a liability at times despite the record.

Just now, somerset_lad00 said:

No Moffat?

For me he’s been our POTY so far and with the exception of Vaughan is maybe the best in the league.

Tough call between two of our front three tbh all on the same level of quality IMO 

Interesting stats

Craig Moore
Games - 8
Goals - 7

Greig Spence
Games - 11
Goals - 4

Liam Buchanan
Games - 11
Goals - 3

Moore has the same amount of goals as Buchanan and Spence combined but has played fewer games than either of them. Strange to think at the start of the season a lot of us were worried thinking that Buchanan and Spence were going help Raith run away with the title.

An injured Moore wouldn't be ahead of anyone but I guess it suits your 'interesting stats' agenda to quote league goals only.

That aside, no Raith fan is anything other than disappointed with Buchanan and Spence's return of 7 and 6 respectively, not to mention their general standard of play.

They'll also tell you that the problem lies with the supply from midfield, because it's non-existent. But that's mainly because Robertson has been removed from said midfield to cover for the missing Benedictus.

So, the reason Buchanan and Spence are pish right now is the fault of Bene breaking his leg.

What are the stats on your defensive frailties?

There’s not one single striker i’d rather have than Moore/Shankland/Moffat. Getting them all in the team together really is a mouth watering prospect. 

Fwiw if we had this squad in the championship last year I have no doubts that we would of stayed up. 

An injured Moore wouldn't be ahead of anyone but I guess it suits your 'interesting stats' agenda to quote league goals only.
That aside, no Raith fan is anything other than disappointed with Buchanan and Spence's return of 7 and 6 respectively, not to mention their general standard of play.
They'll also tell you that the problem lies with the supply from midfield, because it's non-existent. But that's mainly because Robertson has been removed from said midfield to cover for the missing Benedictus.
So, the reason Buchanan and Spence are pish right now is the fault of Bene breaking his leg.

Not an agenda just stating that Moore is a better striker than Buchanan and Spence. FYI he’s got 12 in 15 in all comps which is still more than Spence or Buchanan.

19 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Moore 12 goals in 15 games

Spence 6 goals in 19 games 

Buchanan 7 goals in 17 games

So in all comps they only manage one more goal, both having played more games than Moore.  In your 2 October league matches, you had a total of 32 (thirty two) attempts on goal. Hardly “not creating”.

4 clean sheets in our last 6 matches, by the way.

McCall said in the post this week that it's getting difficult to leave Moore out, so wouldn't be surprised to see the three of them start Tuesday. Although the last game against Raith there was about six out injured, so best wait till the previews come out tomorrow.

Ayr have the momentum going into this and should be winning given our ongoing defensive woes. We're pretty much pinning our hopes on Vaughan to do what he does best, or for players like Barr, Spence and Buchanan to drastically step up their game.  While I don't think it'll define our season, we've really been put in a shite position with our injuries. 

8 hours ago, rw89 said:

Ayr have the momentum going into this and should be winning given our ongoing defensive woes. We're pretty much pinning our hopes on Vaughan to do what he does best, or for players like Barr, Spence and Buchanan to drastically step up their game.  While I don't think it'll define our season, we've really been put in a shite position with our injuries. 

Seems to happen every single year as well. Not too confident going into tomorrow’s game. But even if we were 20 points clear, Ayr away on a Tuesday night will always be a difficult match.

I’ve been down before midweek and we’ve won though.  A draw would be  a great result. 

Absolutely this.

Agreed. I'm not buying all the sudden negativity from the Raith lads - if you had been on here a month or so ago the general opinion seemed to be that Rovers basically had the title in the bag while we were going to struggle to make the playoffs haha.

That said - unless we have done our usual and picked up 4 or 5 phantom injuries despite having a free Saturday this is as good a chance as any to get 3 points off them. Looking forward to it - a few cans on the train down to Ayr after work a bonus as well!

Mixed squad of Raith and Ayr? I’ll try to be as impartial as possible.

Hart

Geggan Benedictus Higgins Boyle

Vaughan Robertson Adams Crawford

Moffat Shankland

I’m sure I’ll get stick off Raith fans for only including 3 of their players but it could easily be 2 if Docherty had been playing as well as he has in the past. Hart has also improved since his blunders up at Raith earlier on and considering Graeme Smith is the only goalkeeper of yours I’ve seen this season Hart gets the nod over him.

That’s fair enough, obviously you’ll be biased in your own thoughts. So no harm no foul.

I'm not going to post what I think will happen tomorrow night but I'm buzzing with anticipation for this match, can't say I've been itching to attend too many games in the last year or so.

Archived