Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

Genuinely think we could lose by a few here. Don’t think we’ve played well since the 5-0 at Hampden.

Hoping not, but to be honest I feel it’s coming. Too much faith in a system/players that are starting to struggle. We have the scope to change (Court, Matthews wide, Vaughan up top) but don’t seem willing to do it.

Maybe we can turn it back on for a big game. Win would put us in a very strong position.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Genuinely think we could lose by a few here. Don’t think we’ve played well since the 5-0 at Hampden.

Hoping not, but to be honest I feel it’s coming. Too much faith in a system/players that are starting to struggle. We have to scope to change (Court, Matthews wide, Vaughan up top) but don’t seem willing to do it.

Maybe we can turn it back on for a big game. Win would put us in a very strong position.

This is probably the weakest we’ll play you this season so if we can’t win this one then we’re not good enough to win the league.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

By all accounts Raith are now in meltdown so I fully expect a comfortable win.

Aye, if the patch under the stand doesn't need a meltdown. hopefully it pishes down a bit on  Monday and Tuesday.

Hoping for an Ayr win. Predicting close scores for all Raith Vs Ayr games and I imagine the league winner will be decided on form rather than the games between the two teams. Night games at Somerset are fantastic and hoping for another great one on Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I can never be confident. Last season we could only beat a Rovers side who had Ryan Stevenson in nets 1-0. We then lost to a 10 man Rovers side in a ‘crunch game’ where we needed to win by 5(?) clear goals. 

We didn't have a strike force of Moore, Moffat and Shankland though.

28 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

We didn't have a strike force of Moore, Moffat and Shankland though.

That is true, on current form and based on the players available I’d probably make us slight favourites however even if we do win I still don’t expect us to start running away with it as some Rovers fans are suggesting. I reckon it will still go down to the last couple of games. 

Really looking forward to this tomorrow. Who’d have thought we’d be in this position 6 weeks ago. I think we can get a decent win here, but we need to be at our very best.  Think Adams will get the nod in the middle for this win and Ferguson will start on the bench. McCall will want him in there after missing the game at Starks. If Higgins is back then he’ll obviously start.

Hart

Geggan Rose Higgins Boyle

McDaid Docherty Adams Crawford

Shankland Moffat

Subs: Avci, Reid, Ferguson, Gilmour, McGuffie, Forrest, Moore

Really hate leaving Moore out, but with Shanklands form and Moffat being as intelligent as he is, it’s hard to fit him in unless we start with 3 up top which I don’t think he’ll go for as it’s been working as a good plan B.

2-0 Ayr, Shankland x2 and my 10 and a half hour shift before to drag in.

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That is true, on current form and based on the players available I’d probably make us slight favourites however even if we do win I still don’t expect us to start running away with it as some Rovers fans are suggesting. I reckon it will still go down to the last couple of games. 

In a nutshell.Although i,ve said that we,ve not been playing well and not confident of taking anything from the game this game is not a title decider,feck me its only November

Besides its disrespectful to other teams to think the league is between Ayr and the Rovers

Besides its disrespectful to other teams to think the league is between Ayr and the Rovers

Agreed. Alloa starting to string a run of good results together.
Said when we drew the first game of the season that a point away to a team who would be top three wasn't a bad result.

Going on form, I’d take the draw just now but obviously would much rather the win, the win also could kick start a run of form and dismiss this annual clocks go back stuff this season (it’s so annoying how our form goes to shit as soon as it’s GMT).
We were poor against Dumbarton on Saturday, and it wasn’t any of Development players which was worrying.
I may be slated for this, but if Aaron Lennox is even 80% fit I’d have him starting without a doubt, Smith was an embarrassment on Saturday, didn’t come for anything and flapped when he did, absolutely at fault for both goals on Saturday.
My starting XI, obviously a few fitness queries also. I wouldn’t have Spence any where near the 90mins either, he’s been shocking of late (could be suspended anyway?!), Court has to be in with a shout from the bench if Buchanan isn’t fit enough to play the full 90.

Lennox
Watson Thomson Murray McHattie
Matthews Herron Robertson Barr
Vaughan Buchanan

Hopeful of a 1-1.
Will be listening on RaithTV.

43 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

It is though to be fair. There aren’t any other teams who’ll be able to match either Ayr or Raith over the course of the season. Our squads just have a lot more quality.  Bar one or 2 from Raith, there’s not many if any players from the other 8 id have in our squad.

It is though to be fair. There aren’t any other teams who’ll be able to match either Ayr or Raith over the course of the season. Our squads just have a lot more quality.  Bar one or 2 from Raith, there’s not many if any players from the other 8 id have in our squad.

What would be your mixed squad? Anyone else that feels like it can do one aswell. Just a bit of fun before the game.

I actually think we will win this game. Based on recent form etc we shouldn't win but I just have a hunch.

Eta: I'll do one when I have a bit more time.

What would be your mixed squad? Anyone else that feels like it can do one aswell. Just a bit of fun before the game.

I actually think we will win this game. Based on recent form etc we shouldn't win but I just have a hunch.
Eta: I'll do one when I have a bit more time.

Mixed squad of Raith and Ayr? I’ll try to be as impartial as possible.

Hart

Geggan Benedictus Higgins Boyle

Vaughan Robertson Adams Crawford

Moffat Shankland

I’m sure I’ll get stick off Raith fans for only including 3 of their players but it could easily be 2 if Docherty had been playing as well as he has in the past. Hart has also improved since his blunders up at Raith earlier on and considering Graeme Smith is the only goalkeeper of yours I’ve seen this season Hart gets the nod over him.

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

In a nutshell.Although i,ve said that we,ve not been playing well and not confident of taking anything from the game this game is not a title decider,feck me its only November

I’d be very, very surprised if it isn’t Ayr and Raith 1st and 2nd. 

7 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Mixed squad of Raith and Ayr? I’ll try to be as impartial as possible.

Hart

Geggan Benedictus Higgins Boyle

Vaughan Robertson Adams Crawford

Moffat Shankland

I’m sure I’ll get stick off Raith fans for only including 3 of their players but it could easily be 2 if Docherty had been playing as well as he has in the past. Hart has also improved since his blunders up at Raith earlier on and considering Graeme Smith is the only goalkeeper of yours I’ve seen this season Hart gets the nod over him.

Move Crawford in to the middle beside Adams, put Barr at RM and that would probably be my team. 

Archived