Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

Queues at the turnstiles, missing the kick off, haven't seen that for a League game in a while.

Crawford had another good game on the left, not sure about Geggan on the right, need a natural winger there to do what Crawford does. Moff was off the boil mostly, and Doc taking corners and set pieces wasn't very effective, but it never felt they were in any danger from Raith.

Need to get Shankland signed up pronto.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queues at the turnstiles, missing the kick off, haven't seen that for a League game in a while.
Crawford had another good game on the left, not sure about Geggan on the right, need a natural winger there to do what Crawford does. Moff was off the boil mostly, and Doc taking corners and set pieces wasn't very effective, but it never felt they were in any danger from Raith.
Need to get Shankland signed up pronto.

The only reason Geggan played out there was so he and Ferguson would martial Vaughan. To be honest he didn’t need to as he did nothing all game.

Maybe it's a coal mining reference?

My missus from Glasgow certainly had no clue. And in Dundee I'm sure some poor ayr fan got huckled from the polis for 'racist chants'. Folk up here didn't seem to get it.

May well be. People just look for a reason to be offended now unfortunately.

On the game. I wasnt there but by all accounts we were well beaten. It doesn't surprise any rovers fan considering our form and lack of tactics for weeks now. You have Spence and buchanan who scored a barrowload last season getting the ball pumped long to them. Get that absolute hadie out of the goals, play the ball on the deck in a quick and direct manner, as we were doing at the start of the season and we will be a far better team for it.

Firstly I'll apologise to young Hart, the boy is starting to look like a goalie.

Hats off to the staff during the 2 minute silence, not a pie sold or turnstile clicked during it.

Well we didn't quite turn up and comfortably won 3-0, I actually thought we were quite poor in the 2nd half without ever feeling we were going to throw it away.

If I wasn't heterosexual I'd be be stalking big Jamie, you just know he wanted 3 or 4 of them to come in and kick lumps out of him when he took it into the corner, the big man takes a power of punishment and just gets on with it.

1 minute ago, DanielB said:

Who was the Rovers right back? He was hoaching.

Jason Thomson, that's not a good sign.

He stopped playing about this time last season and was rarely seen again until the start of this one despite being near enough ever present.

1 minute ago, mr mince said:

Jason Thomson, that's not a good sign.

He stopped playing about this time last season and was rarely seen again until the start of this one despite being near enough ever present.

He was puffing heavier than a Grand National winner with 15 to go.

Just now, ayrmad said:

He was puffing heavier than a Grand National winner with 15 to go.

Awwww bollocks, McHattie on the left a knackered Thomson on the right and a manager who seems convinced that doing the same thing over and over will achieve a different end result.

I've woken up in 2016 haven't I. 

3 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Can having no running water in the away toilets be enough for a 6 point deduction ?

#clutchingatstraws

No but the folk on the train might think your lucks been in.

Superb result. Well done Ayr - slowly but surely the 'doom and gloomists' are beginning to accept there is the makings of a right good team there.

Moff's penalty though - jesus. Is that him, Moore and Shankland all missed in a row?

Can I just say that Jamie Adams is an incredible human being.

Couple of really good hard challenges in the midfield and managed to wind up a few Rovers players in the process.

Then manages to hold off 2 players almost effortlessly at the corner flag. I’m also pretty sure he conned the ref into getting a penalty.

He consistently manages to be one of our best players every week despite only training once or twice before the Saturday.

Just now, Jimmy85 said:

Dunfermline B seem to be shaping up into a decent side. Geggan, Moff and Shankland putting Rovers to the sword. Immensely pleasing. 

I'm not even mentioning the Moff' penalty.

Dunfermline B seem to be shaping up into a decent side. Geggan, Moff and Shankland putting Rovers to the sword. Immensely pleasing. 

Aye but you’ve left us with the curse of being shite at penalties.

Cheers though

Archived