Super Ayr vs Lewis Vaughan

Absolutely massive game for both teams. Went top of the table this evening on goal difference so now it’s all about staying there. Vaughan seems to be carrying Raith so far as neither Spence nor Buchanan seem to be having the desired effect this season.

I’d probably go for an unchanged XI with the exception of Higgins in at centre half and Adams in midfield. That way we can throw Moore on if we’re struggling going forward.

Think we’ll win 2-1

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is coming at quite a bad time for us. We’ve been pish for a few weeks and Ayr are flying. Benedictus is still a month or so away and Lennox is only just back for the 20s so unlikely he’ll come in. Davidson will be back from suspension so he’ll likely partner Murray at centre half with Robertson going back in to centre mid along side Herron with Matthews making way. Wasn’t at the derby today but I see Spence was hooked again. Surely time for a change up front? Him and Buchanan patently isn’t working, somehow.

Only the Rovers could fork out two strikers who scored about 40 league goals between them last season, play them up front together and it not be fruitful.

Looking forward to this one as we didn't deserve to lose the last game at Starks. As long as we have Shankland in the team, we hopefully will win by a clear couple of goals. I'll take a 2-0 win now.

I'd be delighted with a draw . We've completely derailed, to the point where we could only beat East Fife by one goal.

Wouldn’t worry too much. Your going through the same sort of spell we went through last month and we’re doing not too bad now.

This game won’t determine who wins the league as both of us will lose games and go on bad runs between now and the end of the season.

Should be an interesting one - particularly with the respective forward lines.

Personally think Shankland and Vaughan are pretty similar. Based on what I've seen (albeit not much of Buchanan recently) I would take Moffat and Moore before Spence and Buchanan.

Would suggest we have a bit more fight in the middle of the park but Raith seem to be better defensively.

Before the season started I would have said about Bobby Barr being far better than anything we have out wide but Crawford can be every bit as good.

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Guess you're right - Shankland does have a better goals and assists per minute record than Vaughan.

Comparing a journeyman striker who has scored 7 goals in 7 games to the magnificent prospect that is Lewis Vaughan who has scored 18 in 18 from midfield?  Away and take yer face for a shite pal.

Comparing a journeyman striker who has scored 7 goals in 7 games to the magnificent prospect that is Lewis Vaughan who has scored 18 in 18 from midfield?  Away and take yer face for a shite pal.

9 goals in 8 actually and has played half the games Vaughan has so of course he’s scored fewer goals than him.

3 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

9 in 8 for Shankland 8)

Archived