Sign in to follow this  
NewBlue

Aberdeenshire & District FA Cup Final

Saturday at Balmoor sees Cove vs Formartine in the Aberdeenshire cup final. Might go along to this as there are now a few ex Peterhead players at Cove so will be interesting to see how they play. 

Image.jpg

Both sides have some players that spent time at Balmoor. Have not seen either side this season but would imagine Formartine would need to find a bit extra to get their name on the cup. The time & money that their backer has put in it may be time to give him something for his effort. On the other hand it could be a chance for John Sheran to win a game at Balmoor something he hardly managed while in charge of us.

Hope it's a better game than the cup final in April. Be interesting to see if Cove have reached the standard to step up to League 2.

At least the fans will get a taste of League 2 prices.

Also I've missed Scott Ross's red cards. :P

1-0 to Formartine. Entertaining enough game but can't see either of these sides surviving in  League 2  (if they get there) without massively improving. I'm guessing Cove were favourites to win this one fairly comfortably but never really looked like breaking down Formatine and I suppose it says it all when Garry Wood is the best striker on the pitch.