The Big Yin's Gong

TONTROOPER

Sir William Connolly  was today..delivered exactly that title.No doubt Pamela and all their 'hingers oan'...are all sayin...'well done Big Yin'.....aye...well done .....Humblebum....former shipyard-worker...anti-Tory.......................................but right enough....gie a ruffian loads a' dosh....and live amongst the 'elite'...then said ruffian will BECOME part of the elite.I realise he has Parkinsons so he may be just doing this for his girls......I don't know.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure he used to say that he couldn't stand people who laugh at their own jokes. Probably a few minutes before cracking himself up, as per.

We all turn into c***s in our dotage, it seems. Billy had a damned good run, and seems to have been a decent sort with strangers. If he wants to sook the arse off the landed gentry while his body turns against him, nobody can really complain. At least he isn't touching weans.

Naturally, what this thread really needs is anecdotes about the Big Yin drowning kittens and such, so get it done, people  :P

30 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

We all turn into c***s in our dotage, it seems. Billy had a damned good run, and seems to have been a decent sort with strangers. If he wants to sook the arse off the landed gentry while his body turns against him, nobody can really complain. At least he isn't touching weans.

Naturally, what this thread really needs is anecdotes about the Big Yin drowning kittens and such, so get it done, people  :P

It didn’t happen in his dotage, it happened when he was about 50.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

It didn’t happen in his dotage, it happened when he was about 50.

Aye?

I believe I mentioned something about anecdotes...?  :whistle

Not sure it's a big deal tbh. It's people like Lord Kinnock that make me sick.

Why? I don't like the concept of the Lords, but if everyone who ever represented a left of centre party refused to participate, it just makes it easier for the Tories to impose policy.

I don't have any issue with the nation bestowing an award on someone who has achieved a lot or made a contribution. As we live in a constitutional monarchy that's going to be a knighthood and the Order of the Hammer and Sickle will have to wait.

The idea of betraying your roots or whatever is classic Scottish kaleyard, kent his father, know your place pish.

I think Connolly is decent too.

Archived