Pestminster

Cerberus

Ok tinfoil hat time, but something I've been musing. There have been rumours about certain people involved in the Daily Mail being abusers and being complicit in covering up accusations of abuse. Part of the reason the Mail have been quicker to dismiss certain claims than other papers (they seem to be picking and choosing, happy to report the Bex Bailey situation but dismissive of someone who was abused by Fallon).

Now suddenly they have a front page splash about an incident involving Fallon. He has, despite already having resigned in disgrace, categorically denied the claim. If anything is going to stop this scandal from taking scalps of abusers it is discrediting the claims of abused women and making the public suspicious of the claims they are making.

I don't want to be cynical but is there any chance the Daily Mail could be deliberately orchestrating a situation where enough doubt will be thrust upon the accuser that it could discredit the whole movement against Westminster abuse? Probably not. Definite tinfoil hat stuff, but considering how low the Mail have plunged before I almost wouldn't put it past them.

Are you genuinely stupid or are you unaware that people have been jailed for posting this sort of thing online?

People have been jailed for saying they'd like to do something? Would like to see the details of that, sounds interesting.