Who really killed Rangers Football Club ?

Who really killed Rangers Football Club.  

229 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah I don't know what the scale of EBT use down here was at the time; just that a few clubs were watching the big tax case with squeaky bums.

It has always struck me a little bit like because Rangers were just a club in a diddy league they were the easier one to go after. EPL clubs have more power and more money and could collectively pool their resources to fight harder against HMRC. It could just be Rangers were the worst offenders or could be just random chance.

Woulda been interesting to see what woulda happened if HMRC went after, I dunno, Blackburn and won. Would Rangers have still Sevco'd themselves to avoid paying their bills or just cut their cloth accordingly.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 10:38, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Yeah I don't know what the scale of EBT use down here was at the time; just that a few clubs were watching the big tax case with squeaky bums.

It has always struck me a little bit like because Rangers were just a club in a diddy league they were the easier one to go after. EPL clubs have more power and more money and could collectively pool their resources to fight harder against HMRC. It could just be Rangers were the worst offenders or could be just random chance.

Woulda been interesting to see what woulda happened if HMRC went after, I dunno, Blackburn and won. Would Rangers have still Sevco'd themselves to avoid paying their bills or just cut their cloth accordingly.

I think the big thing was that the clubs actually had enough money to pay HMRC back, pay their dues and make it go away.  

The truth is David Murray orchestrated and caused the whole shambles. He arranged the Craig whyte deal as the 3 year directors responsibility clock was ticking . Once it was evident there was no buyer he thought if he could set up the whyte deal as an out he would retain face, He planned and delivered the whole deal Whyte was to earn a few bob for playing the role of buyer. It is laughable that he pretended whyte duped him and even more laughable that the fans bought the charade

Archived