**** v Thistle

Sorry guys genuinely not backtracking but I didn't mean to say he doesn't try, may well be the opposite and that he tries too hard.   Whatever the reason though, games against Rangers see him struggle.   Don't think it can be ignored.

Can't see any player, irrespective of his football allegiances , not trying once he's on the park.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Jagfox said about Charnley is correct but in the game where we beat Celtic 1-0 at Firhill and Shaw scored from his free kick in the 2nd half he was getting dogs abuse for not trying against Celtic going off at HT. 

Think that said more about our fans than Charnley tbf. I remember being at parkhead following yr and watching Charnley in pure ectasy when he assisted both Tam Smiths goals in last 2 mins. Albeit first was disallowed. Also read his book couple years back and his love for Thistle was evident. He was just led down the wrong path in his early years. No doubt he supported Celtic but he also loved to get one over them when wearing the glorious red and yellow

The two things I find cringey with our supporters:

Accusing a Thistle player for downing tools against the OF side they supported

OTT abuse when an ex OF player plays agaisnt Thistle (who usualy then goes and scores/ creates the decisive goal)

Silly comment really. Most Thistle players from the West and (Western) Central belt of Scotland supported one half of the old Firm growing up. Archie was a Rangers fan, Doolan a Celtic fan. No need to look any further back than Le Chic, who actually performed far better against his boyhood heroes than he ever did against Rangers.
In fact I can’t really think of a Thistle player who supported us growing up: possibly David Craig?

How about Ian Cameron I'm sure he was a jag

On 11/1/2017 at 00:45, Nightmare said:

Rangers fan, I think.

First time I've seen the phrase 'Rangers fan' and the word 'think' in the one sentence. :)

5 hours ago, velo army said:

So it seems the currants, with the return of Kenny Miller, have their dander up. I fear a bit of a shoeing on Saturday. 

Well, I trust that one day teams like Thistle won't roll into the Crumbledome mentally prepared to be cannon fodder.

I played for Thistle Pro Youth  back in the day (2001-02)  and I was the only one to actually support Thistle. I remember well in the matchday programme there was a feature with a youth player and they were told to say they supported Thistle. FTOF

9 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

1ypgn2.jpg

Healthy-eating, left-leaning broadsheet newspaper, sounds quite benign really, nothing to be too ashamed about in life...

I’d perhaps be less comfortable with supporting a notorious football club who could convincingly be described as a hate organisation (something a lot of people in Scotland who are not “Rangers” fans can understand) but each to their own I suppose...

Archived