The Overheard Conversations Thread

Two Middle Aged women behind me in the queue in boots tonight - "ye'd be better with the dearer sanitary towels, they cheap wans are no good fir heavy bleeding" "ahh, they'll dae, its Money saved" . Thank f**k I'd already paid for my sandwich, as I felt a bit queasy after hearing that.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two Middle Aged women behind me in the queue in boots tonight - "ye'd be better with the dearer sanitary towels, they cheap wans are no good fir heavy bleeding" "ahh, they'll dae, its Money saved" . Thank f**k I'd already paid for my sandwich, as I felt a bit queasy after hearing that.

You told the story 4 hours ago albeit in less detail. The smell of menstruation clearly made you delusional.

What’s wrong with that? Sound consumer advice there.

43 minutes ago, philpy said:

The sandwich would have been useless and messy unless it was a panini. You should have listened.

In Bali airport in September, sitting in the Bar in departures. An Australian couple having a bit of a heated argument at the table beside us. The girl was crying and clearly emotional and upset with the man speaking in a rather aggressive tone, the conversation went something like;

Her - “So why did you do it”
Him - “Because you made me do it”
Her - “I didn’t make you kiss her”
Him - “This is exactly why I did it, you never stop moaning at me”

They left shortly after, before I turned to my girlfriend and said words to the effect of “I can’t believe she moans that much he had to go and kiss another girl, poor guy”
I genuinely thought she was was going to stab me with the fork she had in her hand. I got about 4 hours of silent treatment on the flight home, which was a bonus.

• 2 weeks later...

Outside a shoe shop in Inverurie;

Old woman 1; That's rare Shoes.

Old woman 2; Aye, thats yon Brothel creepers.

Old woman 1; 'Ats right aye, I mind eh Brothel creepers fae a lang time ago.

I could'nt believe my ears, 2 old wifys, talking about shoes that helped you silently sneak round houses of ill repute.

Turns out thats what the shoes were actually called!

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Outside a shoe shop in Inverurie;

Old woman 1; That's rare Shoes.

Old woman 2; Aye, thats yon Brothel creepers.

Old woman 1; 'Ats right aye, I mind eh Brothel creepers fae a lang time ago.

I could'nt believe my ears, 2 old wifys, talking about shoes that helped you silently sneak round houses of ill repute.

Turns out thats what the shoes were actually called!

Everybody knows that. As worn by teddy boys in the fifties (Granny Danger and Jacksgranda). Revived in the 70s by punks (me). I didn't like the blue ones.

images-6.jpeg

Overheard some old boy in Molly Malones in Stirling on Monday mentioning how Magees wife had took him back. Nipped in with a paper for a couple of pints after having to go to the bank and was waiting ages to get served at the bar. Older boy talking to a younger couple about Celtic, how he used to be the bus DJ for years then started going on about Vinnies bar in the Raploch and then my ears p***ked up when I heard something about a Darren who's wife has took him back.

Overheard some old boy in Molly Malones in Stirling on Monday mentioning how Magees wife had took him back. Nipped in with a paper for a couple of pints after having to go to the bank and was waiting ages to get served at the bar. Older boy talking to a younger couple about Celtic, how he used to be the bus DJ for years then started going on about Vinnies bar in the Raploch and then my ears p***ked up when I heard something about a Darren who's wife has took him back.

It's Daz. Ffs

1 hour ago, BigMartyn86 said:

Was it Tony?

Was it Tony?

The old boy then gave the couple a copy of The Irish Times to take away to give to someone they knew but he put it inside a copy of The Telegraph. Bizarre thing to do unless he was pinching it from the pub and wanted to hide it. It was the only thing I could think of.

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Everybody knows that. As worn by teddy boys in the fifties (Granny Danger and Jacksgranda). Revived in the 70s by punks (me). I didn't like the blue ones.

images-6.jpeg

Had a pair like this.

907692ab3868c0d65c7d2a5aec8c76f4--underg

• 4 months later...

In reference to quality of work being produced: "You could get away with that kind of thing ten years ago, but nowadays it just doesn't pass the mustard"

Aye, I fucking hate it when products hog the condiments.

Archived