St Johnstone v Celtic

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easton being unavailable possibly isn't too bad a thing. I think he's struggled so far this season, and it seems he has other injuries that he's been playing through for quite a while as well. Him being unavailable will hopefully give him the chance to recuperate and get back to his best.

We'd be as well chucking in the kids and giving any players with any niggles etc a rest. The end result is likely to be the same regardless.

Easton, Davidson and Millar all guaranteed to miss out. MOH and Scougall still doubts.

That's what the unofficial twitter is tweeting.

Assume that means Paton and Craig in the middle, and Tanser at left back. We'll likely have Foster and Comrie on the right aswell.

Only real selection question is who starts on the left, and what two players play in the final third.

I refuse to accept that both Scougall and O'Halloran will miss this. Through blind hope and optimism alone I think Tommy is lulling celtic into a false sense of security and will unleash one or both of them .

I'm throwing 5 defenders at this, very important we stay in the game as long as possible to avoid the heads going down and Celtic getting their tails up early on.  In truth I have no idea how we'll line up, as demonstrated by my selection below..

IMG_3364.thumb.JPG.60b22f06f888919f88107c92d9c1bc36.JPG

After the back three shambles at Pittodrie, there is surely no way the manager will try it again. I saw the advantages of a 4-1-4-1 system with the U20s last week against a team playing Celtic's preferred (but admittedly not guaranteed) 4-2-3-1. You can largely go man for man with that formation; Paton can sit on Rogic or whoever and Foster likewise on Tierney. One of the other central players then tries to force Brown. If you are brave enough to press high, you can also steal some cheap territory, as happened with our goal at Celtic Park.

The injuries are a big blow as all three/five are arguably starters, although not sure TW would have been able to accommodate O'Halloran and Scougall. He didn't play Scougall in Glasgow but I think you can see a difference in the player we signed and he could have trusted him tomorrow. He worked back well against Rangers.

Worst case scenario:

Clark

Comrie - Anderson - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Paton

Foster - Alston - Craig - Wotherspoon

MacLean

17 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Being a Saints fan must be like playing Sensible Soccer on the Atari ST when all yer mates have FIFA for the PlayStation.

gameplay on sensi has never been matched

18 hours ago, The Saintee said:

0-0

Or 

0-6

Being a Celtic fan must be like playing Fifa on beginner setting. Fun for five minutes but ultimately shallow and pointless.

Thanks, our team is awesome and everyone else's isn't. 

23 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

It does have a certain novelty about it.
But ultimately, there are more innovative and advanced experiences out there.

You've dropped a massive bollock with the negative sensible soccer reference. 

2 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Really? My point still stands true. Have a think.

Sensible Soccer was perhaps the greatest ever football simulation game, although its ultimately down to personal preference.  The FIFA games were much flashier, had the correct team names and badges etc. However, the depth of the game play and the ratio of effort put in for satisfaction gained from SS was miles superior. 

Therefore, if you post was a veiled compliment to Saints fans for choosing a team less popular and without instant gratification but ultimately more fulfilling  ( Saints SS v Celtic FIFA) then I salute you for a very accurate and astute post.

Archived