The Red Lichties vs Honest Men

David Hutton , what a bombscare! One of the worst goalkeepers in Ayr's history! Wasn't taking the pelters well either! 10 mins of onslaught battered the Smokies today 

Tired yersel out with all that abuse!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good first half, unlucky to go in a goal down. Couldn't believe the ref giving a free kick against O'Brien in the Ayr box, he was fouled by an Ayr player who hurt himself committing the foul, but the ref penalised O'Brien when we should have had a penalty. Second half we failed to counter Ayr's change of tactics and paid the price. A couple of the goals came from our left flank, a wide player in acres of space driving to the by line and smashing low crosses across the goal for them to score. we kept putting high crosses in and neither Denholm or Swankie are much good at winning high balls. At the risk of upsetting 1320 I suggest our substitutions were questionable, we were crying out for a centre forward but put on midfielders when we desperately needed a goal scoring forward.

In the end the better team overall won and our goal was too little and much too late.

Agree with you. Think Denholm wins a lot in the air though.

I don’t think the same subs would’ve been made at 2-0, 5 minutes between the 3 goals, after that it was game over.

Yule and Whatley both off to save them a second yellow and Kader on to give him a run as he’s been out for a while.

Martin came on when the game was dead but he looked promising.

6 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Good first half, unlucky to go in a goal down. Couldn't believe the ref giving a free kick against O'Brien in the Ayr box, he was fouled by an Ayr player who hurt himself committing the foul, but the ref penalised O'Brien when we should have had a penalty.

Second half we failed to counter Ayr's change of tactics and paid the price. A couple of the goals came from our left flank, a wide player in acres of space driving to the by line and smashing low crosses across the goal for them to score. we kept putting high crosses in and neither Denholm or Swankie are much good at winning high balls. At the risk of upsetting 1320 I suggest our substitutions were questionable, we were crying out for a centre forward but put on midfielders when we desperately needed a goal scoring forward.

In the end the better team overall won and our goal was too little and much too late.

The decision to give Ayr a free kick was ridiculous O'Brien was in the air ready to power in a header when the Ayr player who hadn't jumped just threw himself into O'Brien. Denholm is pretty good in the air imo and i thought we played some great attacking football and it was just one of those days in front of goal for us would've been very different i think if we hadn't gifted them the first two goals.but we did. 

I personally think the decision to not give a penalty was about as baffling a decision as people deciding to blackface this Halloween. An outdated and quite frankly racist tradition, it is a representation of everything wrong with this country post-Brexit. Long live Lari Yao. 36-0.

Can only presume Prunts is nowhere near match fit but surprised Kane wasn't given some playing time.

Think Swanks goal today takes him to 50 goals for the club.

Need to get back to winning ways & tighten up at the back. Hutton may be having a mare but defense could probably do a better job also. Can only judge from highlights but will see better for myself in a few weeks time.

who would be a goalkeeper you have 10 men in front of you who make mistakes. gold was to blame for letting the ayr guy get in front of him for the first yes hutton should of done better. were the other 3 huttons fault no they weren’t lossing possession in midfield and rank rotten defence play yet again think back to east fife last week

who would be a goalkeeper you have 10 men in front of you who make mistakes. gold was to blame for letting the ayr guy get in front of him for the first yes hutton should of done better. were the other 3 huttons fault no they weren’t lossing possession in midfield and rank rotten defence play yet again think back to east fife last week

Surely the second was Jesus Christ. As for the 4th, right at him, right at his chest and it bounced off of him and in.

We played very well minus that.

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Surely the second was Jesus Christ. As for the 4th, right at him, right at his chest and it bounced off of him and in.

We played very well minus that.

Is that another emergency loan signing?  Not too keen on crosses though.

and Jesus Christ linn should of scored first half and didnt hutton should of saved the first but didn’t and Jesus Christ where were tob and hammy for the second

Teams can’t stop the opposition getting shots away or crosses in for the full 90 minutes, that’s impossible, that is why you need a goalkeeper.

He didn’t do anything other than the f**k ups, one simple shot from 25 yards out was it. Dunno why you’re having a go at ToB and Hammy, the boy put in a shite simple cross to collect and Hutton spilled it in off Gold?

I try stick up for guys as much as I can, few boys always give me stick for it, but sometimes you just can’t even try and defend a performance. Hutton was terrible today, he let the team and manager down badly and cost us any chance we had of getting something out of the game.

Well on top until the first, then on top again before the second f**k up, after that it was basically game over.

Super Ayr Away!!!

Great vocal backing all game.

4 goals.

Didnt think there was much in it till we went 2-0 up then turned on the globetrotters stuff.

Arbroath Safe-Tay stewards? Oh dear, looking to create something out of nothing.

Last but not least, Hutton.  Bottle crashed today, couldn't handle the abuse.

Funniest bit was at the end when he had a moan at Geggan about us, pointing over etc, Geggan just burst out laughing.

Jordan Miller been loaned from Montrose to Lochee, could of done worse than taking him on loan,

Lost count of Huttons mistakes and he must give the rest of team no confidence, I actually think his confidence is so low now he will make even more silly mistakes,  

Kind of glad i missed the game today due to work.

Going by whats been said things went very wrong today.

It was good up until they scored their first and even second. We played some nice stuff and nearly scored a couple of decent goals.

The one where Bobby went one on one was a very good break, Swankie played a great ball through to Denholm and his cross just had a bit too much on it for Bobby, but that could’ve been a great goal. Spent the most of the first half in their half.

I wouldn’t change a thing for next weeks game, unless Gomes is fit, dunno what the script with him is or if he’ll be back but if he is then he’s got to play.

Archived