The Red Lichties vs Honest Men

Moving on from an extremely satisfying win against Stinlar sees us come up against Arbroath. They are one of only two teams to have beaten us this season and they fully deserved their win at Somerset. Really looking forward to this one as Gayfield is up there as one of my favourite away days.

However our away form is one of the best (if not the best) in the league so I’m confident of a win here. It’s a massive game as we have to play Raith afterwards and it’d be a boost to go into the game top of the table if possible.

I’d be tempted to go with the same team but I’d move Geggan back to RB and bring Adams into the middle of the park. Might be unfair on Ferguson but Geggan hasn’t performed as first thought in midfield but has been pretty solid at RB.

2-0 Ayr

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missing this one due to work unfortunately. We were superb down at Somerset earlier in the season and as has been said thoroughly deserved our victory. Yesterday was bitterly disappointing after a good opening 15-20 minutes. Gomes in the goal would be magnificent but unfortunately unlikely

Truly terrible. His positioning for East Fife’s opener yesterday in schoolboy at best. You should also see the Alloa goal from a few weeks ago

Honestly I’ve seen enough of his goalkeeping to last a life time.

Does he still blame every goal on his teammates around him?

Honestly I’ve seen enough of his goalkeeping to last a life time.

Does he still blame every goal on his teammates around him?

Hard to say. Did spend a f**k load of time yesterday trying to wind up EF’s striker.

Hutton has made a couple of clangers, unfortunately when a keeper has one everyone notices, but overall he's been fine.

What's the point of calling him a clown and giving him abuse before the games even started? Various players have made bad mistakes that have lead to goals, see Hamilton and Little yesterday.

The other game he made a clanger in he practically won us a point all by himself. Deservedly took a slagging along with everyone else on the EF thread, move on and give it a rest.

I don't have much confidence going into this to be honest. A game we could really use a fit Doris in.

Hutton has made a couple of clangers, unfortunately when a keeper has one everyone notices, but overall he's been fine.

What's the point of calling him a clown and giving him abuse before the games even started? Various players have made bad mistakes that have lead to goals, see Hamilton and Little yesterday.

The other game he made a clanger in he practically won us a point all by himself. Deservedly took a slagging along with everyone else on the EF thread, move on and give it a rest.

I don't have much confidence going into this to be honest. A game we could really use a fit Doris in.

Nobody’s giving him abuse

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You'd think he was the only reason we ever lose a game going by some of our supporters posts on him they seem to have forgotten that golden boy Gomes  made a few clangers and  was pretty dodgy under a high cross, gotta have our fall guy though. 

Nobody’s giving him abuse

Calling him a clown is surely classed as abuse? [emoji1]

There's a massive bias towards Gomes within our support, which I understand as I prefer him too, but it makes everything Hutton does seem so much worse to some people.

People seem to forget Ricky Gomes made mistakes last season too... Forfar 1-1 away where a tame shot going wide was palmed right to their player for a tap in, Annan at home when he gave away the penalty, Annan away when a shot right at him was palmed to their striker, Montrose at home when he was stuck to his line as Fraser tapped in from 5 yards in the centre of the goal, and Edinburgh City at home towards the end of the season when he flapped it in to the net. That last one could've cost us the league.

I'd rather Gomes was playing because I think he's a better keeper, think he's a really good goalie and one of the best we've had in a while... but he's injured and unavailable.

So why not give Hutton a bit of support whilst he's the number 1 ffs. Slaughtered after a couple of posts in on a match thread where the match is 6 days away.

Calling him a clown is surely classed as abuse? [emoji1]

There's a massive bias towards Gomes within our support, which I understand as I prefer him too, but it makes everything Hutton does seem so much worse to some people.

People seem to forget Ricky Gomes made mistakes last season too... Forfar 1-1 away where a tame shot going wide was palmed right to their player for a tap in, Annan at home when he gave away the penalty, Annan away when a shot right at him was palmed to their striker, Montrose at home when he was stuck to his line as Fraser tapped in from 5 yards in the centre of the goal, and Edinburgh City at home towards the end of the season when he flapped it in to the net. That last one could've cost us the league.

I'd rather Gomes was playing because I think he's a better keeper, think he's a really good goalie and one of the best we've had in a while... but he's injured and unavailable.

So why not give Hutton a bit of support whilst he's the number 1 ffs. Slaughtered after a couple of posts in on a match thread where the match is 6 days away.

Never called him a clown, I just said he was shite.

Tbf as an Ayr fan I can safely say he’s not a good goalkeeper and will regularly cost you games over the course of a season. First season he was here he was ok but still made the odd error or two. The next season was a disaster. He was by far one of our worst players that season and cost us multiple games that season.

He never played many games for Dunfermline but they’ll probably tell you the same thing. I lost all sympathy for him once he started blaming the defenders when it wasn’t their fault when we conceded a goal and just refused any responsibility for anything that went wrong.

Going back to the previous game this season and the only reason he did ok was because we hardly tested him for 90 minutes. Hopefully the players bombard the goal this team waiting for him to make a mistake.

Never called him a clown, I just said he was shite.

Tbf as an Ayr fan I can safely say he’s not a good goalkeeper and will regularly cost you games over the course of a season. First season he was here he was ok but still made the odd error or two. The next season was a disaster. He was by far one of our worst players that season and cost us multiple games that season.

He never played many games for Dunfermline but they’ll probably tell you the same thing. I lost all sympathy for him once he started blaming the defenders when it wasn’t their fault when we conceded a goal and just refused any responsibility for anything that went wrong.

Going back to the previous game this season and the only reason he did ok was because we hardly tested him for 90 minutes. Hopefully the players bombard the goal this team waiting for him to make a mistake.

I know you didn't. Didn't mean you in the first place, fully expect opposition fans to take the piss out of our players I've no problem with it.

Annoying when it's your own support though. Deservedly slagged for his error against EF on the other thread but it's a different game now move on and see how he does in this one. The constant negativity does my nut in.

I know you didn't. Didn't mean you in the first place, fully expect opposition fans to take the piss out of our players I've no problem with it.

Annoying when it's your own support though. Deservedly slagged for his error against EF on the other thread but it's a different game now move on and see how he does in this one. The constant negativity does my nut in.

Ahh gotcha

Suppose we’re in a similar situation with our young keeper Hart. Gave two goals away vs Raith which cost us the match and people instantly wanted a new keeper brought in. He managed to redeem himself since though, saving a penalty against Queens Park.

Even yesterday some fud was trying to start a fight with him when standing behind the goals. Don’t know how players (especially young players) are meant to improve or play well when your own fans don’t support you.

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If we fail to defeat a team containing David Hutton for a 2nd time then we should probably just give Raith the title and liquidate. 

... and be made to scrub the kit paint off the models' diddies with our tongues........no wait?

Archived