Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

He was their best player when he played at left back against us a couple of seasons ago.
We could just do what dunfermline did to finish their ground and screw some bucket seats into the ground opposite the main stand and then cover it with some corrugated iron but I'd rather we did something that looks half decent to be honest.

There's no bucket seats in the North West, or North East. With eyesight like yours they could build anything, apparently you won't be able to see it.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was their best player when he played at left back against us a couple of seasons ago.
We could just do what dunfermline did to finish their ground and screw some bucket seats into the ground opposite the main stand and then cover it with some corrugated iron but I'd rather we did something that looks half decent to be honest.

There's no bucket seats in the North West, or North East. With eyesight like yours they could build anything, apparently you won't be able to see it.

He We could just do what dunfermline did to finish their ground and screw some bucket seats into the ground opposite the main stand and then cover it with some corrugated iron but I'd rather we did something that looks half decent to be honest.

Indeed. I almost wish we had just bolted seats onto every second step of the old terrace now - we could have just removed them to go back to a proper terrace rather than having to go through the whole "safe standing" farce. Sadly we ripped up the old concrete, put new concrete steps in and added proper seats (with the crazy extra strong foundations should be want to put a second tier on that stand later) then put a new roof on top. #somoney

14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Best experience was the 1-0 win on the opening day of the title season. Cardle ran amok, Pat Clarke got the goal. Took 10/12 off Falkirk that season.

Other notable one was the 2012 game after coming down from SPL/before admin. 2-0 down and playing shite but we sneaked a point from absolutely nowhere. Very chaotic in the away end. Did the same thing to Morton at EEP the following week.

Yes but you were cheating that season you won the league remember. 

Six wins out of the last 30 games between the sides hardly spoiled for choice.

Watched the Pre Dunfermline with Jimmy Nic on FTV last night and by the sounds i think there will be a few more to follow out the door.  Think they see what the fans see and obviously working on it going to take time but i reckon we have a fair few to follow the Shepherd route (on loan) i think but i reckon most will have their contract terminated by mutual consent.

1 minute ago, AL0011 said:

i think but i reckon most will have their contract terminated by mutual consent.

Not so sure.  If a player was confident of getting another club on a similar or slightly lower salary but with a longer contract,  then it would be a no-brainer for him to leave. As in the John Rankin move.

However, if his agent said the only interest in him was from a part-time club then he would be daft to  give up six months of fulltime wages. Better to sit tight, even if he knows he's not wanted, and then see what happens in the summer.

For that reason I'd speculate that it's more likely players will go out on loan. Doing that gets them game time, puts them in the shop window and protects their salary level until the end of May.

It all depends on who wants them and what they're offering compared to FFC.  

Watched the Pre Dunfermline with Jimmy Nic on FTV last night and by the sounds i think there will be a few more to follow out the door.  Think they see what the fans see and obviously working on it going to take time but i reckon we have a fair few to follow the Shepherd route (on loan) i think but i reckon most will have their contract terminated by mutual consent.

Boy I work with who is a Bairns man told me this week that Hartley has identified 8 he wants to move out. Included are Blues and Gallagher who he wants to put out on loan. He also has a further 4 he wants to bring in. The boys laddie plays for one of the youth teams so I don't know how good his source is as he wouldn't tell me his source.

30 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Boy I work with who is a Bairns man told me this week that Hartley has identified 8 he wants to move out. Included are Blues and Gallagher who he wants to put out on loan. He also has a further 4 he wants to bring in. The boys laddie plays for one of the youth teams so I don't know how good his source is as he wouldn't tell me his source.

I reckon most of us could name 6 off the top of our head Sheps included who shouldnt be there i wouldnt have thought Blues and Gallagher mind you but there's your 8 added to the below 6

Thomson, Watson, Luca, Sheps, Kidd, Kerr (past it but been a good servant to the club) 

Archived