Bairns vs Pars - Sat 4th Nov

Watching Falkirk t.v., they showed about three times, it was a straight red. He looked at man to do him not the ball

Fairy nuff - like I say on first viewing it didn't look a yellow card for me, it was more like two players jumping and Higginbotham turning his back to try and chest or head it down, but if there's highlights showing an elbow or similar then that's different. Was there a good angle on the Murdoch one? Looked to me like his hands were out a bit but that he stopped it with his foot (maybe his heel). The officials had decent views and didn't give anything but that's not always an indication given how awful the ref was today for both sides.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did at least show a bit more urgency and fight in the second half than we would have under Houston, but I can't say the tactics looked much better. We were just launching crosses in and hoping for the best. Don't want to be too harsh on Hartley as it's early days and these aren't his players, but there needs to be a big improvement in how we attack.

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Fairy nuff - like I say on first viewing it didn't look a yellow card for me, it was more like two players jumping and Higginbotham turning his back to try and chest or head it down, but if there's highlights showing an elbow or similar then that's different. Was there a good angle on the Murdoch one? Looked to me like his hands were out a bit but that he stopped it with his foot (maybe his heel). The officials had decent views and didn't give anything but that's not always an indication given how awful the ref was today for both sides.

My seat in the stand was right in line and Higginbotham should have been a straight red as led with his elbow. I thought Murdoch handled the ball but the ref did not help a really poor ref.

Not sure what was wrong with Dunfermline players today but heads were gone from about 15 mins onwards. I get it with Higginbotham as he's an idiot but the rest ??

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You really do think you are hard as f**k.

Always on here talking about dishing out kickings.

He's all talk.

I however am hard as f**k. Be warned

My seat in the stand was right in line and Higginbotham should have been a straight red as led with his elbow. I thought Murdoch handled the ball but the ref did not help a really poor ref.
Not sure what was wrong with Dunfermline players today but heads were gone from about 15 mins onwards. I get it with Higginbotham as he's an idiot but the rest ??

To be honest I'd be looking at the ref again there. Both Talbot and Cardle for cleared out late - well after the ball was gone - early doors and Thomson didn't give anything. That gave the more headed players in our team free reign to be a bit more physical than usual (which is a good thing - we often don't turn up at all for away games and get out-fought - as long as it doesn't go too far). I don't think it's any coincidence that Wedderburn had his best game against you lot when it was a bit more physical. He and the back four channelled their aggression the right way, as did McManus until the stupid second yellow card but he was rightly annoyed, just stupid enough to react in that way when he was already on a yellow.

14 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

To be honest I'd be looking at the ref again there. Both Talbot and Cardle for cleared out late - well after the ball was gone - early doors and Thomson didn't give anything. That gave the more headed players in our team free reign to be a bit more physical than usual (which is a good thing - we often don't turn up at all for away games and get out-fought - as long as it doesn't go too far). I don't think it's any coincidence that Wedderburn had his best game against you lot when it was a bit more physical. He and the back four channelled their aggression the right way, as did McManus until the stupid second yellow card but he was rightly annoyed, just stupid enough to react in that way when he was already on a yellow.

Yes. I don' rate Wedderburn. He clearly does not look after himself physically but was decent today. As you said his best game against us.

The ref was poor today but you guys are quite dirty team. Possibly the Sandy Clarke effect as a lot of the teams he has coached at are like that. 

Talbot was fouled. Not sure about Cardle as he is guilty of diving.

Neither of the teams will win the league.

Agree about neither side winning the league - still think Dundee Utd will shitfest their way up and we'll blow it in the play offs and that the ref was poor but don't think we are a dirty team normally. It's not for nothing that players often give away penalties and get sent off against us rather than the other way about - it's actually something that's been a bugbear for many years, that we've been too soft and nicey nicey, certainly compared to the like a of St Mirren and Dundee Utd. It made Talbot's transformation from head-kicking red card in waiting to combative but fair full back all the more perplexing. You lot can still be in the mix for the play offs but I think you'll miss out this year. There's a big rebuilding job for Hartley to do.

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Agree about neither side winning the league - still think Dundee Utd will shitfest their way up and we'll blow it in the play offs and that the ref was poor but don't think we are a dirty team normally. It's not for nothing that players often give away penalties and get sent off against us rather than the other way about - it's actually something that's been a bugbear for many years, that we've been too soft and nicey nicey, certainly compared to the like a of St Mirren and Dundee Utd. It made Talbot's transformation from head-kicking red card in waiting to combative but fair full back all the more perplexing. You lot can still be in the mix for the play offs but I think you'll miss out this year. There's a big rebuilding job for Hartley to do.

We won't be in the playoffs. Agree Utd will shitfest the league.

Cannae comment on how dirty you are normally however I've seen you twice this season and you are the dirtiest team I have seen since Alex McDonald's Airdrie.

AJ was a good player which is why I think Sandy Clarke has your team like that. You are defo a throwback team however its working to a point.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I think youd need Sky or BT cameras to really tell the Murdoch  incident, they did replay that on Falkirk TV and it wasn't quite conclusive

56 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

as did McManus until the stupid second yellow card but he was rightly annoyed, just stupid enough to react in that way when he was already on a yellow.

Stupidity, seconds to go and on a booking, various tackles akin to Muirheads throughout the game and no one was as stupid to earn a booking for similar, in this case 2nd booking.

Some Xmas nite out for the pars if fines are going towards it !!

The score shows that. Even our side from last season wouldve won today by 2 or 3 goals. Lot of work to be done but you only had two shots on target in 90 mins one being a penalty. Funny how it always seems to be an off day when you play us at tfs and on another day you would destroy us and yet every time you come your not very good. Maybe its just the simple fact that your pish.

I don't remember Murdoch making any saves in the second half either tbh, although obviously we'll count the Austin header against the post.

Considering you were playing against ten, and then nine for the majority of the match you were utterly dreadful in terms of chances created, that alone means you got what you deserved from the game.
I don' drink at all m8.

Boring.

Yes. I don' rate Wedderburn. He clearly does not look after himself physically

Eh?
So how'd Clark get on today, another 90 mins. Sir Stephen scored for us again and we're right behind you.

Clark got subbed you fucking simpleton.

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't remember Murdoch making any saves in the second half either tbh, although obviously we'll count the Austin header against the post.

Considering you were playing against ten, and then nine for the majority of the match you were utterly dreadful in terms of chances created, that alone means you got what you deserved from the game.

Boring.

Eh?

Clark got subbed you fucking simpleton.

I think we've all mentioned the fact that considering the amount of ball we had second half the number of chances we created was dire. That's our main issue now as the defence has improved greatly with Higginbottom, McManus and cardle doing very little compared to the first league game this season. We've only let in 1 goal in our last 4 home games but we'e only scored 3. That's where the problem now lies.

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought we played ok although disappointed not to win.

Refreshing to see us trying to win the game rather than playing for a draw.

Their fans were atrocious though. The treatment of Myles was like a throwback to the 80's. It was vile watching grown men behave like that. Hopefully their club takes action and hands out banning orders on the back of it. I am due they will as they punished that behaviour before.

Diving p***k deserves all the abuse he gets. Was pleasingly shite today

A scrappy game between 2 shite teams. The standard of this league really is abysmal and any half decent team could romp home every week.

I knew there were tears there.

Our shite team, after two poor results is two points off the top of the table.

Where’s yours?

Reading this thread, some people may think that Falkirk won today. I’m sure you’ll get a home league win. Possibly before the New year.

Pars remain a bit sh** away from home, but get a point with 10/9 men.

Both sets of fans agree that the ref was shocking.

Pars remain in contention for the playoffs or even (unlikely) promotion. Falkirk may make the playoffs too, but not the same ones.

Archived