Berwick v Cowden

That is without doubt the funniest stonewall  penalty decision ever, I don't think I've ever seen someone taken out, professional  or amateur quite like that. What the f**k was he thinking 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He clearly doesn't slip.

Presumably suffered a momentary brain-freeze and he's tried to slide-block the ball with his back, or something similarly ludicrous.

1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

That is without doubt the funniest stonewall  penalty decision ever, I don't think I've ever seen someone taken out, professional  or amateur quite like that. What the f**k was he thinking 

Well, the Cowden coaches and plenty of their fans were enraged by the decision, although not their players you'll note.

Presumably we're supposed to conclude it was an attempt at a diving header which just happened to take-out the attacker's ankles.

31 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Presumably we're supposed to conclude it was an attempt at a diving header which just happened to take-out the attacker's ankles.

I'll just conclude he's a complete fucking idiot, I'd have though more of him if he'd just took the player out with a more conventional Kung Fu type kick

Tough conditions,Gale force cross wind , slippery pitch dire first half.

Thought we were the better side second half and deserved to win but you need to score to win.Would  at least have got a draw but for that crazy penalty

Some positives. Two up top seemed to suit us better, and I would persevere with Garden and Muirhead to see if they could form a partnership. Connelly demonstrated that he is our most creative player and must be worth a starting place. Would play him in behind the front two in place of Smith or Swann. Rumsby was very good and Mullen was decent but his temperament is getting to be a real problem. Already booked, he and Syme stood toe to toein the centre circle yelling in each other's faces, entirely oblivious to the fact that the game was going on without them. Completely mental.

I still think we can get out of this so maybe I'm the one who is completely mental.

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

Tough conditions,Gale force cross wind , slippery pitch dire first half.

Thought we were the better side second half and deserved to win but you need to score to win.Would  at least have got a draw but for that crazy penalty

Some positives. Two up top seemed to suit us better, and I would persevere with Garden and Muirhead to see if they could form a partnership. Connelly demonstrated that he is our most creative player and must be worth a starting place. Would play him in behind the front two in place of Smith or Swann. Rumsby was very good and Mullen was decent but his temperament is getting to be a real problem. Already booked, he and Syme stood toe to toein the centre circle yelling in each other's faces, entirely oblivious to the fact that the game was going on without them. Completely mental.

I still think we can get out of this so maybe I'm the one who is completely mental.

Hope you aren’ t mental. Couldn’t make it yesterday but wasn’t the least surprised at the result. Whether it was a penalty or not doesn’t concern me, if we can’t score we are finished in every way. No point blaming weather, referees or anything else.

30 minutes ago, Yellow Feet said:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact the entire world is now laughing at Cowdenbeath.

It doesn't get much better than this.

Quite cute how Berwick fans see a win over Cowden as a big deal:lol: although the last time we lost at Shielfield Pathe News were doing the match highlights.

Quite cute how Berwick fans see a win over Cowden as a big deal:lol: although the last time we lost at Shielfield Pathe News were doing the match highlights.

I enjoy beating no team more.

So getting back to the penalty and if anyone actually knows the rules  ?

He does seem to touch the ball first with either his back or his head. Could be deemed dangerous play but that's an indirect free kick isn't it ? The ref looks as close to the incident as the Lino that gave it so why take his word rather than what he as looking at especially given the Lino has the worst hair style ever and seems to spend his days pulling lumps out his head.

Just now, Brazilianlex said:

So getting back to the penalty and if anyone actually knows the rules  ?

He does seem to touch the ball first with either his back or his head. Could be deemed dangerous play but that's an indirect free kick isn't it ? The ref looks as close to the incident as the Lino that gave it so why take his word rather than what he as looking at especially given the Lino has the worst hair style ever and seems to spend his days pulling lumps out his head.

Turn off your router and don't ever come back.

Archived