Mossmorran aka Mordor

D.A.F.C

38 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

We did a play of the War of the Worlds musical at primary school. Because I was about six foot when I was ten, I got covered in tinfoil and made to parade back and forth holding a massive cardboard tube with a huge lightbulb attached to the top. The thing weighed a ton, and it was as hot as a miniature sun, so I was gradually roasted like a Christmas turkey as the night went on. Thinking about it, the hand-soldered wires with bare connections running from the bulb to the wall socket probably weren't terribly safe either.

Have any P&Bers put on a musical as an excuse to try and murder annoying children?

Seems like an overreaction to me, its a well known 'fact' that just beating annoying children is the accepted approach.....

tenor.gif

Bet some fucker has pissed away his heavily inflated salary on a bet and sabotaged the process. A few days overtime was just what was needed.

Apparently it really isn't harmful stuff that is being burned but I'm still sceptical. The outcry from some locals is hilarious. Even seen some people from Lochgelly saying Exxon should supply and fit triple glazing to their little tinky shanty huts as compensation.

27 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Bet some fucker has pissed away his heavily inflated salary on a bet and sabotaged the process. A few days overtime was just what was needed.

Apparently it really isn't harmful stuff that is being burned but I'm still sceptical. The outcry from some locals is hilarious. Even seen some people from Lochgelly saying Exxon should supply and fit triple glazing to their little tinky shanty huts as compensation.

They're just a bunch of slavers, they obviously don't understand that the Little Raith Windfarm is actually extract fans that blow all the shite down the valley to Cardenden.

During the planning process for Mossmorran, they said both Cowdenbeath and lochgelly would become boom towns as a result of spin off industries that would move to the area.

Worked out just as they said. God bless Shell/Exxon.

3 hours ago, cowden0 said:

During the planning process for Mossmorran, they said both Cowdenbeath and lochgelly would become boom towns as a result of spin off industries that would move to the area.

Worked out just as they said. God bless Shell/Exxon.

The only boom the two towns will get will be if the bloody thing blows up:lol:

The Council of the day were well and truly conned to get the planning permission through.

The only boom the two towns will get will be if the bloody thing blows up[emoji38]
The Council of the day were well and truly conned to get the planning permission through.

Conned or paid is up for conjecture.

I'm near enough at the foot of the Wallace Monument in Stirling and we could see the glow last night. (Had a couple of wines aboard) and was thoroughly confused as Grangemouth is off in a SE direction but this was due east, behind Knockhill. Took me reading this thread for it to now dawn on on me it was this.

Tl;dr? Stay off the wine kids.

3 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I'm near enough at the foot of the Wallace Monument in Stirling and we could see the glow last night. (Had a couple of wines buckies aboard) and was thoroughly confused as Grangemouth is off in a SE direction but this was due east, behind Knockhill. Took me reading this thread for it to now dawn on on me it was this.

Tl;dr? Stay off the Tonic wine kids.

FTFY