GAMES OFF

sixty61

Now let’s not turn this political but perhaps you should be aware that the UK Government is sovereign and has the ultimate power.
The UK government has cut the Scottish budget year on year.
The facilities in England are way above anything in Scotland for a reason.

Freezing council tax for years hasn't exactly helped situation,
Not trying to turn it political as I ain't got the brains for that argument lol.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freezing council tax for years hasn't exactly helped situation,
Not trying to turn it political as I ain't got the brains for that argument lol.

I don’t think anyone has pal, not even that lot in charge of the whole shebang in Westminster.
The UK is a mess on the whole.[emoji106]

Unfortunately for you is the fact your the big nugget in the competition. Dalry would be mad to switch when you consider the pay day they would have entertaining the current Scottish holders. Refusing to switch happened to us with Kelty Hearts,  with the East Region giving them away games while we lay idle until the game was played at another ground.

Feel sorry for dalry and most of North Ayrshire regarding council owned pitches but there is one then that's benefitted hugely and quite regularly in North Ayrshire and that's kilwinning with grants and handouts ( not kilwinning rangers / abbey park ) but more so the kilwinning sport complex in pennyburn that's up there with the best in scotland , are the people of kilwinning just better at appealing for funding than the rest or do they have connections high up ?

1 hour ago, nodmaster said:

Royal Albert vs Pollok is switched now to be play at Newlandfields.

I wonder how much pressure the west region put on RA to switch; or maybe they were offered an incentive?

This is not a dig at either club, BTW. Junior fans will understand why I think there may have been persuation involved.

1 minute ago, ex-german exile said:

I wonder how much pressure the west region put on RA to switch; or maybe they were offered an incentive?

This is not a dig at either club, BTW. Junior fans will understand why I think there may have been persuation involved.

Definitely some persuation, it's rife in Forth .

12 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

None.

Its already been stated why the game was moved and how RA couldn't find another suitable Junior pitch to switch to.

Unless you think RA are lying.

People moan about fixtures, two teams make an effort to get a game played on its original date and people still moan.

You cant win.

Thats a shocker.
Cock of a referee ?

Park passed ref inspection at 8.30 but unfortunately it's been raining all day,
Original forecast was for rain to go off .
Played in worse but still raining and doesn't look like clearing up so probably correct decision, unfortunate for both clubs but that's the joys of Scottish weather.

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Feel sorry for dalry and most of North Ayrshire regarding council owned pitches but there is one then that's benefitted hugely and quite regularly in North Ayrshire and that's kilwinning with grants and handouts ( not kilwinning rangers / abbey park ) but more so the kilwinning sport complex in pennyburn that's up there with the best in scotland , are the people of kilwinning just better at appealing for funding than the rest or do they have connections high up ?

Buffs are lucky they have a ground. Remember when Palmer wanted to build houses on it ? Council refused him permission then bought it from him.  McLuckie all about McLuckie ...money to win Scottish cup yet ground was a pigsty.

Archived