Aberdeen v Ross County

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the fear after Wednesday.

Shay Logan hat-trick inevitable.

Interested to see if Coyle gives any other squad players a run?  He started Dow, Chow, and Mikkelsen away to St J, then talked after the match of wanting to give everyone opportunities.  Which is ironic given how few opportunities Dow, Chow, and Mikkelsen created during the actual match.

Lewis

Logan Arnason McKenna Shinnie

O'Connor McLean

Stewart Christie Wright

May

I'd be keen to see us play something like the above, although I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to Mackay-Steven or perhaps Tansey starting. Shinnie at left-back offers an additional dimension to our attacking play, and we benefited against St Johnstone from having a left-back who was really comfortable with the ball at his feet when charging forward. Wright looked brighter than most on Wednesday when he came on, so I'd quite like to see him restored to the starting XI. O'Connor wasn't great against Hibs or Celtic, but he provides more balance to the team in his new position. I can understand the arguments for starting both Rooney and May, but I would prefer May to be spearheading the attack - and Rooney seldom contributes much when he is stationed wide. 

I haven't been following County too closely since Coyle's appointment, other than the results. I'll go for 1-0 Aberdeen, with Logan scoring the goal - obviously. 

We don't play with two strikers so not sure why he insists on having to strikers on the park.  Stick to the tried and tested 4231.

Shinnie to LB, McLean and O'Connor (or Tansey) in the middle. Two wingers on the wings and a striker up top.

Easy peasy

Lewis

O'Connor McLean

Stewart Christie Wright

May

I'd be keen to see us play something like the above, although I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to Mackay-Steven or perhaps Tansey starting. Shinnie at left-back offers an additional dimension to our attacking play, and we benefited against St Johnstone from having a left-back who was really comfortable with the ball at his feet when charging forward. Wright looked brighter than most on Wednesday when he came on, so I'd quite like to see him restored to the starting XI. O'Connor wasn't great against Hibs or Celtic, but he provides more balance to the team in his new position. I can understand the arguments for starting both Rooney and May, but I would prefer May to be spearheading the attack - and Rooney seldom contributes much when he is stationed wide. 
I haven't been following County too closely since Coyle's appointment, other than the results. I'll go for 1-0 Aberdeen, with Logan scoring the goal - obviously. 

Spot on mate. Nice een.

23 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Lewis

O'Connor McLean

Stewart Christie Wright

May

It looks like McInnes agrees and it's what I would have picked on Wednesday with instructions to get fucking in aboot them.

Here's hoping for today

#COYR

13 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

A win to get us back on track please. County look somewhat improved since Coyle's come in, but I hope we can remain solid and create. Still unsure about Stewart. Needs to start showing something soon.

No Fox, no Davies.  McCarey in goals, Van der Weg leading the defence and Kelly at left back.  Happy Halloween.

Archived