'Well - Hibees

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fully deserved win for Hibs. Motherwell not at the races at all today. Fair play to Robinson for changing it at half time, because it wasn't working, but not sure it worked in the second half either.

McGinn and McGeogh ran the midfield today, and Ambrose and Hanlon won everything at the back.

Very poor today from Well in the first half, just not at the races at all. Much improved second half, but one of those days where nothing broke our way. Big mistake from Kipre for the goal, but the Hibs boy took it well.

Thought Tanner and Bigi made a big difference when they came on.

Campbell shut McGinn down completely at Easter road but we couldn't get near him today. He seems to have the Scott Brown armour that prevents him being booked.

Just didn't happen for us today, very poor day at the office and we can have no complaints about losing. We need to work on playing the ball on the deck as we were ineffective in the first half last week and all game this week. The difference between the sides was Hibs actually used the ball well and moved it about more effectively. In today's conditions in particular hoofing it anywhere was always going to be counterproductive.

Kipre was badly at fault for the goal but credit to him, I actually thought he settled into the game afterwards and put in some good interceptions.

And I'm not one to blame referees but jeezo, Bobby Madden was awful today even by his own fussy and inconsistent standards. We did not lose that game today because of him but some of his decisions were unbelievable.

Still, we're in a Cup Final and won two out of three. It's not been a bad old week.

Just now, MJC said:

Just didn't happen for us today, very poor day at the office and we can have no complaints about losing. We need to work on playing the ball on the deck as we were ineffective in the first half last week and all game this week. The difference between the sides was Hibs actually used the ball well and moved it about more effectively. In today's conditions in particular hoofing it anywhere was always going to be counterproductive.

Kipre was badly at fault for the goal but credit to him, I actually thought he settled into the game afterwards and put in some good interceptions.

And I'm not one to blame referees but jeezo, Bobby Madden was awful today even by his own fussy and inconsistent standards. We did not lose that game today because of him but some of his decisions were unbelievable.

Still, we're in a Cup Final and won two out of three. It's not been a bad old week.

What are you slavering about? Your team won today and were knocked out of the cup by Motherwell.

Hibs played the better football, created the better chances and deservedly took all 3 points.

We on the other hand simply weren’t at the races today, particularly first half. Far too much hoofball to a below par Bowman and Moult who struggled throughout. Terrible goal to lose to as well,  a simple ball over the top badly misjudged by Kipre that left Carson stranded.

Improved with the introduction of Bigi and Tanner 2nd half and could have nicked a point if Petravicius had buried his chance- which looked easier to score- but I didn’t think we really deserved anything.

Ah well, can’t win them all I suppose.

Disappointed to lose as not happened often recently. 

Cannot complain however as Hibs were dominant in the 1st half. The 3 subs did make it a more even game and enjoyable game and we could have nicked a point. McGinn and McGeouch were very good and much better than our central midfield. 

Thought Tanner did well when he came on - there is a decent footballer there and would like to see more of him. 

Would not have complained with a draw midweek or a draw today, but actually we are 1 point better off and with the semi win all in all a bit churlish to complain. 

Hibs had all the play in the first half, McGinn the best player on the park and McGeogh doing well from deeper too.  The second half was much more even, disappointed that McGinn turned into a clugger, but we had chances to grab a point.

43 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

When Ambrose, Hanlon, McGinn and McGeouch are all on form, we transform into a team of utter ballers who are far too good for this backwater league in my honest opinion.

With the 2 CMs and wingers bringing the pressure we just need Stokes to get in and about the 16 yard box and everything will be good. 

JC RIP.

Archived