'Well - Hibees

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time we won at Fir Park was 5 years ago this weekend :lol:  4-0 on a Friday night under Fenlon.

Anyway, I'd go with the same team which will allow us to match up with Motherwell in the midfield. I'd expect Motherwell to take the game to us more than Hearts did which should allow space for Barker, Boyle and Murray to run into.

Hanlon and Ambrose had their best game together on Tuesday but today's a much harder test for them. Could do without Marciano dropping 2 howlers today as well.......

I think this is likely to be a draw, wouldn't be the worst result for either side.

6 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I pray that the Hibs players get out of this alive. They are guid c***s, after all. Wouldn't want to be endangering their lives.

[I can't believe I'm going to say this] Fair play to Neil Lennon.  Unlike the dearly departed Pedro and St Brendan, he hasn't tried to keep the shitstorm going for another week or single out Motherwell players to try to put pressure on the referee.  Given his profile, he could easily have done so (and if I'm being honest, I expected it) - but to his credit, he avoided it when the question was put to him, so he's got the moral high ground (at least until 3pm :) )

57 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

What's happened to McGregor? I know Hanlon and Ambrose were getting plaudits for their performances during the derby, but I still didn't feel entirely convinced by the back line. 

Injured. As is Fontaine. Only other available centre half is young Porteous. 

59 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

What's happened to McGregor? I know Hanlon and Ambrose were getting plaudits for their performances during the derby, but I still didn't feel entirely convinced by the back line. 

In one of the previews to the Hearts game it said McGregor was not yet fit so hopefully he's back in training and is only a few weeks away. I agree, he's our defensive organiser and both Ambrose and Hanlon play a lot better alongside him.

Can't wait for the big handsome b*****d to be back.

This game has barely registered with me after the midweek excitement. Bit daft because it's actually a pretty important game.

I was really impressed with Motherwell last time and there's always a question mark with us coming off a win in a big game. For those reasons, I'd be happy with a draw.

Assuming it's roughly the same bunch of players to pick from, I'd go with same team as the derby. Would love for him to prove me wrong one day but I just don't see it with Big Dave.

2 hours ago, Swello said:
[i can't believe I'm going to say this] Fair play to Neil Lennon.  Unlike the dearly departed Pedro and St Brendan, he hasn't tried to keep the shitstorm going for another week or single out Motherwell players to try to put pressure on the referee.  Given his profile, he could easily have done so (and if I'm being honest, I expected it) - but to his credit, he avoided it when the question was put to him, so he's got the moral high ground (at least until 3pm [emoji4] )

I actually came on to post exactly the same thing. Fair play to Lennon for his pre-match quotes;

“I like the way Motherwell play,’ said Lennon, whose side are three points adrift of today’s opponents.
“They play to their strengths and I know there was a lot of controversy after the game last week but I can’t comment because I haven’t seen some of the incidents.
“I know it’s been well publicised this week, but from my experience of playing them this season it was a good game.
“There was a good tempo to it, good physicality to it but they play the game in an honest sort of way.
“It got a wee bit tasty on Sunday but I can’t possibly criticise Motherwell for adopting that sort of approach and I won’t. They play a certain way and it’s been very effective for them so far.”

There seems to be a lot of confidence around the club just now which makes a brilliant change.

This will be a tough game but hopefully we can pick up three points as it'll be a while before we play at home again and we have a very tough winter run.

Narrow home win.

Noticed we were selling tickets in the Upper online last night, hopefully it means a good following through today. Think the last time we played here was just after Fenlon’s resignation, it was Sunday lunchtime and there were about 300 Hibees in attendance :lol:

Deservedly behind so far, dreadful goal to lose Kipre really needs to intercept that ball. Hopefully he keeps his head up and doesn't let it affect him too much.

We've been better in the 2nd half all season, hopefully it continues today.

That is an excellent away win for Hibs. After chucking a 2goal lead at Easter Rd against ‘Well, I would have been delighted with a point as Robinson has really got them set up and they have been on a bit of a roll.
What with the Full Fats drubbing the Diets today, it’s been a pretty good week for Hibs.
Just cracked open today’s first can........[emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Archived