'Well - Hibees

Couldn't see a thread for the game - everybody too busy celebrating Derby wins and getting to Finals I guess...

Normally, with 3 games in a week including a huge cup semi-final, I'd have the fear going into this that we'd run out of steam in the third - but Hibs have arguably had an even bigger week with a Cup Semi and then a Derby - so there is nothing to worry about there I suppose. We also managed to win our game during the week while giving some rest to key players - so I'm hoping we'll be back on it tomorrow. 

I'd be happy with a point here normally but as it's our last 3pm home game until Xmas and the fact that we are on pretty good home form, hoping for another win...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless I am losing it - I thought there was one that has / had mysteriously disappeared !

This is the game of the weekend imho - 3rd v 5th and whoever comes out on top in this one will be favourites to finish top 6 or even top 4 this early in the season..

I also think it will be a cracking game. 2 decent teams going at it.

Hope fans of both teams turn up in numbers.  I do think Hibs will bring through 2000+ after their derby win.

We did not play that well midweek v Dundee apart from the 1st 20 or so minutes.  We did rest some players inc Moult and I fully expect him to start tomorrow.

Have not seen any news on Hartley.  He limped off midweek and would be a big loss although arguably not as much as Stokes and Swanson would be for Hibs.

Looking forward to it - MON THE WELL

I've never really been convinced by this chat that a few games in a row leaves a team weak and tired. I mean, does it ever really pan out that way? I've many memories of Hibs playing against teams who have come off the back of a scheduling buggerfest, only to find that Hibs are even more buggered after a few days rest. 

Then again. Hibs. 

I reckon the tiredness won't show for either team this game - both will be trying their level best to prove to the other that they're the best at not being buggered. 

Motherwell were the better side at ER by all accounts and maybe could’ve sneaked a win. Our defence will need to cope with Moult a whole lot better than they did that afternoon for us to get a result. Expecting the same team that started against Hearts.

Unless I am losing it - I thought there was one that has / had mysteriously disappeared !
This is the game of the weekend imho - 3rd v 5th and whoever comes out on top in this one will be favourites to finish top 6 or even top 4 this early in the season..
I also think it will be a cracking game. 2 decent teams going at it.
Hope fans of both teams turn up in numbers.  I do think Hibs will bring through 2000+ after their derby win.
We did not play that well midweek v Dundee apart from the 1st 20 or so minutes.  We did rest some players inc Moult and I fully expect him to start tomorrow.
Have not seen any news on Hartley.  He limped off midweek and would be a big loss although arguably not as much as Stokes and Swanson would be for Hibs.
Looking forward to it - MON THE WELL

Swanson doesn’t even get a game for us.

2 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Swanson doesn’t even get a game for us.

Good to know because he caused us all sorts of problems when he was at St Johnstone. Their best player at the time imho. 

Torn between going with exactly what we fielded vs Hearts or giving Big Dave a chance and swapping him for Murray... oh how I’ve craved the days where our biggest worry was who to drop for who.

That being said, dunno whether Big Dave would be better utilised in a 2-Man attack with Murray playing around him whilst he holds the centre and plays target man

I see that Allan Campbell will be signing things in the club shop pre-match tomorrow. I guess that means he won't be starting (or involved at all) which is a real pity as he played McGinn really well at Easter Road...

I see that Allan Campbell will be signing things in the club shop pre-match tomorrow. I guess that means he won't be starting (or involved at all) which is a real pity as he played McGinn really well at Easter Road...

There's been players doing that who have still played so I'd read nothing into that.

We're over 2/1 on bet 365 who have hibs as favourites. Hibs are a decent team but I think we'll sneak this one 2-1

5 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

There's been players doing that who have still played so I'd read nothing into that.

We're over 2/1 on bet 365 who have hibs as favourites. Hibs are a decent team but I think we'll sneak this one 2-1

^^^Phree Money thread for this pish. Investing some of my Sunday winnings in this.

Serious question - Why? We are third and at home, outplayed them by all accounts in the first fixture and are on a wee winning streak. Why exactly are we 11/5?

ETA: Stuck a couple of quid on the -1 and -2 handicap too.  

Need a strong referee for this one. The thugs in claret and amber hospitalised 9 Rangers players last week, poked John Greig in the eye and stood on Walter Smith's brogues.

If the ref does his job we should get a result.

Decent boozers for the match.  I have a rare Saturday off work and I fancy spending it in Motherwell,

Club 100 across from ground is closest.
Some away fans use the bullfrog which is further up but a ten minute walk from the away end.

Away fans are welcome in the bar in the Cooper stand as well but its not great in there if it is busy.

It'd be great to round off a terrific week with another win but I think this will be a draw. I can see this being 2-2 again just as it was last month at Easter Road with Moult and Bowman scoring.

Archived