Pedro Caixinha Candlelit Vigil

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedro Caixinha, former manager of Al-Gharafa Born: March 2017, Ibrox. Died: October 2017 in Govan, Glasgow

Pedro "We are the People" Caixinha, a former Portugese hotshot manager touted for the Rangers job for his impressive mid-table finishes with Al-Gharafa Sports Club in the Qatari Super League, is no longer with us.

It was in the early dawn of the 2017-18 season when Caixinha's Progres got world-wide attention, his combative, no-nonsense approach endearing him to supporters, not just among the Rangers fans but those across Scotland. This was a man who would not walk on eggshells but literally through hedges to get his message to Scottish football fans.

That message was unambiguous when the famous Hibernian FC club came to Ibrox. He was to bravely marshall the Queen's eleven during one of the most gravest injustices in Scotland since the Luftwaffe bombed Scottish ports in WWII; "The Cupping of the Ears" during the 2-3 (2017) massacre. It was here that Pedro declared he was truly of the people.

In the midst of fans statements, and armed with the best squad in Scotland, respectable draws against Jon Daly's famous Hearts XI and a ten-man Partick Thistle ensued, followed a heroic loss against rivals, Celtic. 

It was, however, against Motherwell and Kilmarnock the ruthless, global anti-Protestant conspiracy fuelled by the shadowy Regan-Beaton-McLean nexus finally cost Scotland one of it's most famous adopted sons in what were some of the gravest injustices in Scotland since "The Cupping of the Ears" in the 2-3 massacre.

Caixinha is survived by Carlos Pena, Dalcio, Fabio Cardoso, Eduardo Herrara, and a rejuvinated Ryan Jack.

"The dogs ain't barking at the caravan no more Pedro, the dogs ain't barking no more."

R.I.P. Sweet Prince Pedro R.I.P.

Genuine question:  Has the sacking been accompanied by the usual noises about thanking him for his services and wishing him well?
I'm guessing it has, but all I've seen is stuff about results being disappointing, given the scale of investment.

Tbf they did "wish him all the best" at the end of their statement

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf they did "wish him all the best" at the end of their statement

I've not seen it in full.  Did it thank him for his endeavours?

The bits I heard didn't sound as regret filled as these things generally do.

The Scottish football blogger @ahellofabeating has a good thread about Caixinha. He's on private Twitter so I can't link to it but he basically says that he was appointed before a Director of Football, he was given free reign to recruit a number of players that fitted him in terms of style and background - those guys could now be surplus to requirements, at a lot of expense. This is why you need to get a structure in your club and Rangers are doing the opposite to that, which will end up making it more difficult to progress.

He also says the media have basically piled on to Caixinha in a way they never would have done to someone like McCoist or the 'Rangers man' they'll inevitably appoint in the next few weeks. Caixinha may not have been much cop but he was ridiculed for reasons unrelated to his results - he spoke about the game in a way that alienated the pundits.

As a fan who can't stand their club it's hilarious of course. It's probably useful for Scottish football as well, an example of how not to do things.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

He also says the media have basically piled on to Caixinha in a way they never would have done to someone like McCoist or the 'Rangers man' they'll inevitably appoint in the next few weeks. Caixinha may not have been much cop but he was ridiculed for reasons unrelated to his results - he spoke about the game in a way that alienated the pundits.

For all that he wasn't up to the job, this bit is spot on.

14 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

Sir Alex was a good Ranjurs man - I reckon a few well chosen words in the right places could get the boy Darren the gig having proved himself to be so good at Rovers....

please

Nothing to do with this thread, Herman, but if you do a google search for your avatar, you get:

About 3 results (1.31 seconds) 

f9oUqV4_8kHEZb64W-b-zXnBGsCqY9DFRc6Gbppp
Image size:
228 × 228
No other sizes of this image found.
Best guess for this image: Pie

2 hours ago, The DA said:

Nothing to do with this thread, Herman, but if you do a google search for your avatar, you get:

About 3 results (1.31 seconds) 

f9oUqV4_8kHEZb64W-b-zXnBGsCqY9DFRc6Gbppp
Image size:
228 × 228
No other sizes of this image found.
Best guess for this image: Pie

more of an open tart than a pie - serves three or four, very moist, tastes good, but the filling does tend to ooze out if you don't eat it all at once...

Archived