Pedro Caixinha Candlelit Vigil

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

He also says the media have basically piled on to Caixinha in a way they never would have done to someone like McCoist or the 'Rangers man' they'll inevitably appoint in the next few weeks. Caixinha may not have been much cop but he was ridiculed for reasons unrelated to his results - he spoke about the game in a way that alienated the pundits.

That's not exactly something new in Scottish football. Ivan Golac was one of the earliest "outside of the box" appointments in Scottish football and for the most part everyone of them has come in for some fairly shite treatment from the Scottish press since then. I think the only one who escaped serious criticism or ridicule was Wim Jansen, and that was probably because he f*cked off immediately after winning the league having not overseen too many negative results.

The sports press in Scotland don't like outsiders. They like guys that will give them a call or a text message to arrange a pint and share a story or some insider gossip with.

17 hours ago, bennett said:

How's life in the lower leagues?

Think Sevco fans are the only ones that can answer that. Are they not the only club in the country that has played in every major Scottish  league over the last 5 years or so?.....lol

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

That's not exactly something new in Scottish football. Ivan Golac was one of the earliest "outside of the box" appointments in Scottish football and for the most part everyone of them has come in for some fairly shite treatment from the Scottish press since then. I think the only one who escaped serious criticism or ridicule was Wim Jansen, and that was probably because he f*cked off immediately after winning the league having not overseen too many negative results.

The sports press in Scotland don't like outsiders. They like guys that will give them a call or a text message to arrange a pint and share a story or some insider gossip with.

Ivan Golac, aye? Guy who relegated you? That Ivan Golac? 

1 minute ago, HaikuHibee said:

Ivan Golac, aye? Guy who relegated you? That Ivan Golac? 

He didn't relegate me, no. And from what I remember he was ridiculed from the outset rather than only after winning the Scottish Cup and getting relegated. Granted, I was only around 12 when he was at Utd so my memory of it may not be 100%.

4 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Think Sevco fans are the only ones that can answer that. Are they not the only club in the country that has played in every major Scottish  league over the last 5 years or so?.....lol

It's called the journey, don't stop believing....

Getting 40 odd thousand life-losers through the gates to milk every week, it should really just be a case of taking your medicine and getting your house in order before reaping the benefits and sailing ahead of us diddies. But the WATP sense of entitlement demands instant and unrealistic success and has, again, put their club back god knows how long in the last 8 or so months.

Why are the **** so determined to kill their club again?

8 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:

Are you intentionally posting like Donald Trump tweets now?

Posted at one in the morning, probably absolutely smashed spamming the "report" button for something or other.

A tragic mess of a man.

Archived