Scotland's Coolest City

ICTChris

Scotland's Coolest City  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I was back in Inverness recently and went for a drive out on the new bridge over the river, it's really interesting how it's opened the town up.  When I was a kid you didn't think of the IRA end of town being anywhere near to Torvean or the athletics stadium but there it is.  It always seemed like that side of town was miles away and no-one was friends with anyone from that area when I was a kid but it's now practically next door.

I was also pleased to see that the abandoned factory (fibreglass factory I think?) is still abandoned although I bet more kids get the joy of messing about in it now that there's a road right past it.

There's going to be about 3,000 homes built there. Inverness is just one big housing estate really.

17 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Inverness city centre is like Dundee's Lochee. 

I was in Lochee the other day and nipped into Greggs. I purchased a cup of tea and a steak bake. I couldn't put milk or sugar in my tea though as there was two junkies popping various pills on the counter. 

Schoolboy error. The infinitely superior Clark"s bakery is right next door...

i lived in glasgow for 9 months 10 years ago and i did love my time there but was a bit fed up by the end.

lived in aberdeen whilst at college when i was 18 and it was ok but the locals were miserable c***s. also it doesnt matter what direction you are walking in that wing always seems to be blowing in your face.

dundee is the clear winner for me. people are great, plenty of good restaurants and pubs. the overgate is decent for shopping plus plenty of entertainment.

Archived