Celtic v Kilmarnock

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not happy with Brendan Rodgers today to many changes plus Ncham and Kouassi can't play in the same midfield to similar for me,we gave away 2 points for nothing today.

For nothing?

Players were rested for the Bayern game.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Not happy with Brendan Rodgers today to many changes plus Ncham and Kouassi can't play in the same midfield to similar for me,we gave away 2 points for nothing today.

Agreed about the midfield selection, if we are going to start one of those lads we need a more dynamic midfield partner like Armstrong or McGregor, Kouassi and Ntcham are too defensive to play together.  Reminded me of some Deila era games where Bitton and Mulgrew played together in the centre of midfield

Just now, Romeo said:

For nothing?

If we were going to rest players for the Bayern game I would have rather seen Liam Henderson alongside Ntcham to give a little more attacking flair

8 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

If we were going to rest players for the Bayern game I would have rather seen Liam Henderson alongside Ntcham to give a little more attacking flair

Spot on,it was a great ball from Kouassi for the goal thou,the game was played in the last third for about 85 minutes very frustrating to watch.

28 minutes ago, Romeo said:

For nothing?

Yes because we should be winning games like that it was very poor,normally i would give killie a bit of credit but it's too easy to say that, Rodgers got it wrong today he had better options to win that game today.

I'm delighted. Overall while I'm sure that Celtic fans would have liked to have won today I'd think that most will be alright with not losing and keeping up the unbeaten run. For us we've done tremendously well in what might well be the toughest week of the season for us. Given the squad that we have and the omnishambles that McCulloch had left us in, Clarke has done tremendously well at organising the players and making them look like they actually want to be out on the field playing for each other. I've not seen Griffiths' goal yet but Jones' goal was fantastic - his one-two with McKenzie reminded me slightly of James McFadden's goal against the Netherlands at Hampden. Knowing our luck we'll probably lose to Hibs on Tuesday night but the positivity surrounding Rugby Park is tangible right now, and I can't wait to finally have a game at home for the first time in what seems like forever!

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Credit to Steve Clarke, he's managed to make Kirk Broadfoot and Gordon Greer into an effective defensive pairing and managed to bring a sense of structure to a team that looked completely out to lunch under McCullough.  Also some of their academy lads like Greg Taylor look a lot better.  

As for Celtic, we probably should have won the game but at the end of the day there is only one stat that matters

When we signed Broadfoot and Greer we all thought they'd be great signings. By the time Greer turned up we all thought Broadfoot was pish.

The level they've played at and the experience they have should make for a really good pairing. Hopefully Broadfoot will be more stable with a good manager.

Job done for us, five points from nine in Glasgow is a great return. Bring on the hibees.

Absolutely this. I'd hoped for three, and would have taken one. Just from the visit to Firhill - nothing this season had led me to expect anything from either Bigotdome.
I'm getting a strange feeling replacing the dull resignation of the last few seasons - could this be what they call optimism?

When we signed Broadfoot and Greer we all thought they'd be great signings. By the time Greer turned up we all thought Broadfoot was pish.
The level they've played at and the experience they have should make for a really good pairing. Hopefully Broadfoot will be more stable with a good manager.
IMO... A lot of whats helped Broadfoot & Greer settle into a stable partnership is the cover in front of them from Alan Power.

Power's been absolutely superb since LM left, never saw that coming tbh after his performances in the Betfred start of season.

A performance not as disjointed against Dundee I thought, probably should have won but fair play Killie. Great through ball by Kouassi, I had yet to see him do anything of note but there does seem to be quality there. Good to see Ajer get a game and Johnston was a suprise. He did quite well I thought, Hayes must really need to up his game if Rodgers is picking young lads now ahead of him.

Archived