The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad he's gone. He's too nice a guy to be associated with them. Getting him out quicker means he can move on from this shambles and find a club and fans who will appreciate him. Far too good a person for the **s.

Yep can see Murty going on to do well, probably back down south. He did seem like a decent guy.

Until Rangers accept that it will be many, many years before they can challenge Celtic seriously again then the banter years will keep rolling. No sign of it happening from the fanbase who have almost as many people releasing statements to the media as fans themselves.

No self respecting manager will work for such a dishonest, loathsome and self-serving board either. Murty did them a favour, effectively, saving them money on a new contract for six months, enabling them to dispense with the services of the deranged Portuguese impostor, and this is his thanks.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

And their high profile signing is a 30 year old diddy from Burnley reserves who is no better than the shower of shite that passes for a central midfield already.

In a post filled with a lot of half-truths and even gibberish, this takes the biscuit.

You would look less ridiculous if you actually tried to be marginally objective.

In a post filled with a lot of half-truths and even gibberish, this takes the biscuit.

You would look less ridiculous if you actually tried to be marginally objective.

I’m giving my opinion. It’s literally impossible to be objective when you are giving your opinion.

Graeme Dorrans is a better player than Scott Arfield. That’s hardly ridiculous.

The lack of class evident in almost everything that Rangers do is quite staggering. I don't know whether the Rangers fans would have wanted to hear anything after Sunday but I would have found it rather insulting if I'd paid my money to watch that and then had absolutely no acknowledgement from any club official. Burying their heads in the sand doesn't make it go away.

The way that Murty has been treated is pretty despicable. No dispute that the guy was out of his depth but to be undermined in the manner he has been by the board and players alike, is deplorable. 

Never mind 10 in a row, it could be 20 in a row.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m giving my opinion. It’s literally impossible to be objective when you are giving your opinion.

Graeme Dorrans is a better player than Scott Arfield. That’s hardly ridiculous.

Is he though? Dorrans has struggled with injury and was playing at a mid-table Championship side. Arfield has been quite heavily involved in a side that won promotion from the Championship twice and are 7th in the league.

The Burnley fans love him and think he's a good player. He'd be more ready for a starting slot now than Docherty etc.

For £0 it's a good signing and a good start.

While there's an element for feeling sorry for Murty, he was clearly out of his depth.  I mean, a fortnight after losing 4-0 to Celtic, he sets up the same way with the same non-tactics and surprise surprise, the team gets walloped again.

I think it'll be a long time before he manages a team after that.   He has, however, been treated shockingly by the board at Rangers.  Thrown under the bus.

3 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

The Burnley fans love him and think he's a good player. He'd be more ready for a starting slot now than Docherty etc.

For £0 it's a good signing and a good start.

Absolutely agree.  However, my point would be someone like Arfield could be the difference between finishing 2nd and finishing 4th.  He's not the kind of player that would help you get anywhere near finishing 1st. 

For £20k a week, I'd be looking for more than that.  Plus, his best years are probably behind him.   

I'm glad he's gone. He's too nice a guy to be associated with them. Getting him out quicker means he can move on from this shambles and find a club and fans who will appreciate him. Far too good a person for the **s.

**s? [emoji12]

Scottish Football is full of tinpot as we know - but I'm struggling to see how a club can be run this badly - it's genuinely staggering.  There is nothing you could point to at Ibrox and say it's done well (apart from the Loving Cup, we'll always have the Loving Cup). 

Even the laughable husk of a club that emerged from the wreckage of the actual Rangers has huge advantages over every other club in the country bar one, and to singularly fail to capitalise on any of them goes beyond the mere incompetence that all our clubs have subjected us to at times over the years.

I thought mid-90's Celtic before McCann came in was the absolute gold standard in letting your club being run by actual cretins - but the current setup at Ibrox makes them look like a model of competence. The only difference is that in those days, some folk cared about saving Celtic from the grubber - Rangers supporters clearly don't give a f**k.

Archived