The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, bennett said:

Robinsons tactics if employed at Sevco would see us with half the team red carded every game.

Motherwell don't get half their team sent off every match. Why would it be different at Rangers?

Can't blame the man to be fair, they've properly thrown him under the bus. He may as well leave them high and dry for the final fixtures of the season and truly scupper their chances of the all important 2nd place finish.

22 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Murty's away.

Glorious for banter reasons but this just shows how much of a s**t show Rangers are. He's been undermined and the club have chucked him under a bus with the whole Gerrard debacle now being made public.

Hopefully they finish 4th now - Kenny Miller coming back into the fold won't save them!

Out of all the banter years managers he's the one I feel most bad for. All of the rest were arrogant, insane or a combination of both but Murty seemed awrite, if a bit clueless. 

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Poor Murtco. Wonder where he'll end up?  

He's a bit of a legend at Reading, he should get a gig there (even if it's just back with the yoof).

I agree that Murty has been chucked under the bus in one sense. Because our incompetent board took 2 months to go for McInnes with no backup plan and then got rejected leaving them clueless.

He wasn't ready for the job and shouldn't have just been given it full-time because the board didn't have an actual shortlist.

Don't really see how the Gerrard stuff was such an issue. He was never getting the job after the 1 point from 4 games in Feb/March.

Jabba must be bashing away on his keyboard with his wee crusty thesaurus working up a statement concomitant with the expectations of the WE DESERVE BETTER mob.

I actually feel sorry for Murty. It's not his fault the state sevco are in.

I feel very sorry for him, as he’s clearly a decent, well-spoken bloke who has been dealing with incompetents for the last six months.

The Rangers board have treated him disgracefully. They’re about to replace him with someone less qualified, less knowledgeable and less connected to Scottish football, and they publicised this in the run up to an Old Firm game.

He had to play Andy Halliday at left back, for crying out loud.

Fair enough if they were going to appoint, oh, let’s say, Brendan Rogers, but they aren’t.

And their high profile signing is a 30 year old diddy from Burnley reserves who is no better than the shower of shite that passes for a central midfield already.

My guess is that Gerrard lasts two months before quitting, or doesn’t take the job at all and they’re left with Ian Durrant as manager, while Murty goes on to be a decent manager somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I feel very sorry for him, as he’s clearly a decent, well-spoken bloke who has been dealing with incompetents for the last six months.

The Rangers board have treated him disgracefully. They’re about to replace him with someone less qualified, less knowledgeable and less connected to Scottish football, and they publicised this in the run up to an Old Firm game.

It's a shame for Murty as he seems like a good guy and I imagine he'll still easily get a job somewhere.  Badly let down by the arseholes on the board at Rangers.

There's no way Steven Gerrard is going to be the new Rangers manager.  He surely isn't that bloody stupid.

Archived