The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Kneetrembler said:

79-80 22,265

80-81 20,055

81-82 18,519

82-83 17,969

83-84 22,429

84-85 21,538

85-86 25,094

It does look like in order to fill the Big Hoose with Bearz they need to be winning. Another season outside the top two could see the attendances drop.

You know what else that era had, a strong United and Aberdeen.

#InCsabaWeTrust 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is becoming hilariously farcical, the incompetence of the BoD is the clearest indication that Sevco will not be a major force for the foreseeable future, they will slot into position 2-3-4-5 as they did in the early to mid 80's.

Unless a unknown benefactor rides into town in the form of a prudent version of D.Murray sevco will remain a club who remain in the shadows of Sellick, if a benefactor in the form of D.Murray arrives promising the world, we can all live in hope that what transpired under C.Whyte will be repeated and this time it will be terminal.

Many fans will say if that happens it will kill the game in Scotland as it would hand Sellick a monopoly of the silverware attainable in Scotland. I take the view this will be the case no matter what anyway, the big plus point would be the extinction of a club which is riddled with bigots at all levels.

I find the reformed club a blight on Scottish football and Scottish society since its inception in 2012. Although this comment may be disputed Scottish football would survive without either and possibly both of the bigot sisters. 

Since Hamilton returned to the Premiership, each season until the one we are currently contesting has been without (1 of the 4 big clubs) located in the countries two major cities.

Now that all of these clubs are now back in the Premiership, it is arguable that top tier football in Scotland has not been enhanced and indeed may be considered weaker since the inclusion of those 3 clubs.

7 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

This is becoming hilariously farcical, the incompetence of the BoD is the clearest indication that Sevco will not be a major force for the foreseeable future, they will slot into position 2-3-4-5 as they did in the early to mid 80's.

Unless a unknown benefactor rides into town in the form of a prudent version of D.Murray sevco will remain a club who remain in the shadows of Sellick, if a benefactor in the form of D.Murray arrives promising the world, we can all live in hope that what transpired under C.Whyte will be repeated and this time it will be terminal.

Many fans will say if that happens it will kill the game in Scotland as it would hand Sellick a monopoly of the silverware attainable in Scotland. I take the view this will be the case no matter what anyway, the big plus point would be the extinction of a club which is riddled with bigots at all levels.

I find the reformed club a blight on Scottish football and Scottish society since its inception in 2012. Although this comment may be disputed Scottish football would survive without either and possibly both of the bigot sisters. 

Since Hamilton returned to the Premiership, each season until the one we are currently contesting has been without (1 of the 4 big clubs) located in the countries two major cities.

Now that all of these clubs are now back in the Premiership, it is arguable that top tier football in Scotland has not been enhanced and indeed may be considered weaker since the inclusion of those 3 clubs.

Becoming?

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Oh.......Kay......

Not too sure why you are denying this has taken place, or takes place in general.

As an example, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing media reports of Aberdeen looking at Graham Shinnie before the actual date they would be allowed to speak to or sign the player.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Four weeks in and they have yet to state an interest in anyone, suggests they ain't trying too hard and Murty is yer man especially if he can scrape a win tonight. Had they beat Accies last week he would have been given the contract this week.

I can't see Murty getting the job full time, just not enough experience. It'll take as long as it takes, we can't afford to make another mistake and the new guy has to be able to deal with arsehole players better than Warbs and Pedro did.

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

I can't see Murty getting the job full time, just not enough experience. It'll take as long as it takes, we can't afford to make another mistake and the new guy has to be able to deal with arsehole players better than Warbs and Pedro did.

I'm struggling to think of anyone who would find this vacancy an attractive opening. Due to the lack of money to satisfy salary and transfer fund demands I think the bulk of the candidates mentioned can be omitted from the list.

It smells distinctly that the eventual appointed manager will be an individual on a mission to restore his reputation, this brings Billy Davies, Alex McLeish, Ally McCoist, Barry Ferguson into the equation.

Any one of the four mentioned will further prolong the banter years to the delight of most fans from other clubs.

Rangers aren't a lure for anyone.
The expectations are far too high, for a start. There are some Gers fans who genuinely believe there should be a title challenge. This is the worst Rangers team in my lifetime. Celtic are a side, settled over the last few years and no one could turn that round quickly. There has to be an acceptance that Rangers will not compete for the next 4 years. Not a single Rangers player would get into Celtic side. You can't expect to compete.
Also, no money. Moronic fans thinking money has to be spent. Where is it gonna come from? The club is again spending out with its means. Recipe for disaster. No one has money to put in. Interest free loans aren't the answer either.
Liquidation, administration, sevco, blah blah blah.
It is the same football club, but doesn't feel like the same football club I grew up supporting.
One drama after the other. The club needs to stop trying to chase Celtic in a sprint and set about slowly building the foundations for the future.

2 minutes ago, TheLad said:

The expectations are far too high, for a start. There are some Gers fans who genuinely believe there should be a title challenge. This is the worst Rangers team in my lifetime. Celtic are a side, settled over the last few years and no one could turn that round quickly. There has to be an acceptance that Rangers will not compete for the next 4 years. Not a single Rangers player would get into Celtic side. You can't expect to compete.
Also, no money. Moronic fans thinking money has to be spent. Where is it gonna come from? The club is again spending out with its means. Recipe for disaster. No one has money to put in. Interest free loans aren't the answer either.
It is the same football club, but doesn't feel like the same football club I grew up supporting.
One drama after the other. The club needs to stop trying to chase Celtic in a sprint and set about slowly building the foundations for the future.

It's only a 5 year old club, the old Rangers died.

Good post up to that point.

Decent post but you are in a minority. An example is the old guy in the pub last night who had £50 on them to win and was genuinely stunned at what happened. Yes, after everything everyone's seen he was still shocked. He is the majority.

Ps interesting pets could be the future

1 hour ago, TheLad said:

Serious question, why is it so important to pretend it's the same club?

Far too sensible a post for on here.

It will slowly sink in for the rangers fans as they keep watching celtic win everything but the demand will never change; and whoever the next manager is will be gone within a year and so on and so on.
I can see low attendances at ibrox in the coming seasons.

Archived