The Rangers Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Rangers' next permanent manager?  

530 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless there's some mental clause in the new contract McInnes signed that allows Aberdeen to shoot themselves in the foot then I can't see Rangers getting him during this season. Next summer may be a different matter though with glass ceilings at Pittodrie and all that and the possibility the stadium/training ground move might fall on its arse.

Right now I'd be surprised if it wasn't McLeish tbh.

He was publicly interested before they appointed Caixinha and he's been touting himself for jobs ever since. He even popped up on Iain McIntosh's Totally Football League podcast and the Football Manager Files. Whatever his motivation he seems to be actively looking for a management job. Assuming it's the same people who are making the next appointment then unless they've got themselves together and have suddenly become competent the obvious reaction to the disaster that Caixinha clearly was would be to go completely the opposite way and there's probably a residual feeling that they made a huge mistake and should have gone with the guy who was supposedly a safe pair of hands.

All this "needs to be someone who knows the club inside out chat" and the fact they got it so wildly wrong suggests that the board will go for someone really, really obvious this time. Including Pedro they'll have paid of 5 members of the coaching staff so given they're not exactly flush I don't see them chucking money at anyone. McLeish is a throwback to the days when they won stuff, there's no compensation required and he'd jump at the chance to take the job.

If they're looking to fill 5 coaching positions I could honestly see them go baws oot and just get a bunch of Rangers men in; McLeish assisted by Ferguson, Miller and McCulloch or something like that. Even if it was only for the rest of the season it'd be a move that would keep a certain section of their support  on board.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Where did I say that? Not only are you suffering from extreme anger issues, you’re also a liar. 

I’d seek immediate help if I were you. 

So why did you red dot and comment negatively on my critical comment on the Butcher post? It's you who needs immediate help.

No sane person would wallow in Butcher's  grief. But you and the usual P&B thickos did. You probably laughed at Gary Speed's suicide. 

10 hours ago, Romeo said:

Have they even paid off weir and magic hat man yet?

All of the hedgerow-related hilarity had genuinely made me forget all about Warburton's time in charge :lol:

So why did you red dot and comment negatively on my critical comment on the Butcher post? It's you who needs immediate help.
No sane person would wallow in Butcher's  grief. But you and the usual P&B thickos did. You probably laughed at Gary Speed's suicide. 

You’re a grown man upset about virtual dots, get a grip.

Your comment about his son was unnecessary and it wasn’t the point the other poster was trying to make, a 5 year old could see that. You’ve also used words like ‘retarded’ in a negative light because of your inability to express yourself without anger, as proven by your second lie about Gary Speed.

You’ve got a lot of problems, Bishop Fibs.

Why would he go  from being second best to fifth best? 

The only thing he's shown is that he's unable to land a glove on Rodgers,  Would be a a bad move for both parties.

He'll go because he can't do any more with us.

58 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

You’re a grown man upset about virtual dots, get a grip.

Your comment about his son was unnecessary and it wasn’t the point the other poster was trying to make, a 5 year old could see that. You’ve also used words like ‘retarded’ in a negative light because of your inability to express yourself without anger, as proven by your second lie about Gary Speed.

You’ve got a lot of problems, Bishop Fibs.

Classic whitaboutery. Red dots only confirm who the wankers really support.

At least we know who your "big team "is.

GIRFUY!

The Sevco job redefines the term "poisoned chalice". The gulf between what the team under a good manager would be capable of, and what the majority of supporters expect, is so vast that surely nobody with a lick of sense will go near it. Realistically even the best managers in the world couldn't hope to do anything more than spend eternity finishing 2nd behind Celtic  and perhaps occasionally nicking a cup off them, but even that best case scenario would be utter anathema to the Sevconian hordes.

Archived