Irvine Meadow X1 New Management Team

Irvine Meadow

6 hours ago, Irvine Meadow said:

Irvine Meadow are pleased to announce the appointment of ex Meadow players Brian McGinty and Stevie Aitchison as Manager and Assistant Manager with immediate effect.

Jimmy Noble has been asked to stay on as a Coach.

Gints is a smashing guy. I was surprised he and Stevie were not considered for the

Pollok job after John Richardson left Newlandsfield. I based this on seeing the impact

he had as a player from within and outside the dressing room during their successful

season winning the Sectional League Cup.  Perhaps the committee considered he did

not have any managerial experience to take on the job,

Gints and Stevie will, I understand, be joined at Meadow Park by Phill Bannister, who

I know well after stepping-up from our  weekly goalkeeping coaching academy and signing

a full-time contract with Motherwell Football Club.

6 hours ago, Irvine Meadow said:

Like many, I will be interested to see who takes over at Rossvale.

Finest goal in my lifetime was Talbot' s Geordie Gemmell's screaming winner in the semi of the Scottish at Rugby Park against Medda in '87 I believe. They weren't too shabby then.

Still have nightmares about that goal, thought we had done enough to merit a replay until Gemmell unleashed that rocket, was a cracking strike.

4 hours ago, Meddaheroes1973 said:

Still have nightmares about that goal, thought we had done enough to merit a replay until Gemmell unleashed that rocket, was a cracking strike.

A thing of beauty. It lives in my mind in sepia with Nessun Dorma as the soundtrack. And, yes, you had done enough to earn a replay....but it was Talbot you were playing! 

Ah, memories.

9 hours ago, Meddaheroes1973 said:

Meddaheroes - do you (or anyone else reading this) know my grandfather Charlie Hawthorne?  Massive Medda fan and took me to Meadow Park nearly every week (or so it seemed) in the 90s.

Archived