Scottish Cup weekend. Where will the shocks take place

Blackie Gold

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

Unfortunately this game will be off the next 2 weekends then the sjfa will force Dalry to switch therefor reducing the chance of a switch
Darvel to turn over Musselburgh for me

if we are at full strength im sure the money will be down this weekend , we were 4 short against peasies at weekend and probably deserved more out the game , be interesting to see what price we are but its a really tough fixture 

Mussy v Darvel is the pick for me, closely followed by Kilbirnie v Penicuik. Hope I'm wrong but can see both ties falling in favour of the East, albeit after a replay for Penicuik.

Even worse, I can see Broxburn nicking it at Medda. Mon the West!

Mussy v Darvel is the pick for me, closely followed by Kilbirnie v Penicuik. Hope I'm wrong but can see both ties falling in favour of the East, albeit after a replay for Penicuik.

2nd top in the West playing 2nd top in the East . How in gods name would you say that would be a shock ?

47 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Bookies prepare for an avalanche of cash on a Darvel/Medda double. :huh:

34 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

2nd top in the West playing 2nd top in the East . How in gods name would you say that would be a shock ?

I've scrutinised my post really closely and, for the life of me, can't see where I mentioned it would be a shock. 

12 hours ago, Glens lad said:

Afton away to Dalry Thistle. Just hope Afton bring their A game to this one.

1 hour ago, IrvineVicsMan said:

Anyone know the chance of our game at Forth being on? Just know they were struggling earlier in the season to get matches on?

51 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Bookies prepare for an avalanche of cash on a Darvel/Medda double. :huh:

Sometimes threads go in different directions, pedantic Peter.

3 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

A simple in sorry I’m wrong would have done emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

What is it about those in the West who want to argue over nothing.  We have a couple of similar posters in the East too, but really?

To answer Jim - Should be a close affair given the positions of Kilbirnie and Penicuik in their respective leagues,

I would see it that it would be a shock if Darvel beat Musselburgh, given that Musselburgh has won 10 out of 11 league matches whilst Darvel  has lost 3 out of 8 league matches.

As Broxburn are in the East Super League (top half), whilst Irvine Meadow are in the bottom have of the Super first division, even though they are at home, I would see it a shock if Medda won!

However, I know how tough matches are for East Region teams going up against West teams, so anything could happen!

If I were to bet, I would go for Musselburgh with draws at the other two matches.

Don’t see too many surprises. If the Larkhall Thistle defence shows up, keeps their shape,& discipline. And everybody concentrates until the Referee blows for time up.
They will beat Kilwinning Rangers.

32 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

A simple in sorry I’m wrong would have done emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Fella, I used to have some sympathy with you when the two Talbot boys were always ranting at you, but it’s now becoming plain to see (even to others like Casey) that you’d cause a row in an empty house.

All I did was say your team could go out the Scottish!

Archived