Alcohol Consumption

planbiffy

16 hours ago, planbiffy said:

I've already posted this link on the things you want to share with P&B thread, but thought I would share it here as well to try and get more responses, it only takes 1-2 minutes and would be a great help1 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ZV8PXZW

Done!

I was going to wait until I was sober to complete this but didn't think you could wait that long.

The question about how long ago you were drunk could have done with a further line.

Good luck.

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

I had no idea happy hour was banned in Scotland until now.

Quite right, pubs are not for being happy in. The rot set in when pubs were marketed as places for ordinary people to go. Before we knew it there was windows and women's toilets.

I had no idea happy hour was banned in Scotland until now.

They just banned happiness in Scotland, time of day is irrelevant.
I’ve not had any alcohol since Saturday 14th. Don’t think I’ll be drinking this weekend either. Pretty often though I do like to just unwind and get hammered. Usually it’ll be a Friday, pub after work then up to my mates. If it wasn’t for football training I would probably have gone up the pub and had a few pints watching the football tonight.

11 hours ago, Finch road said:

Amen. I am chucking it at new year though as i have always said since age 15

I don't believe that anyone has ever followed through on a new years resolution but good luck anyway and you might as well become an alcoholic now while you still can

no comment, although a lot of the younger respondents could give you all a run for your money, despite not legally being allowed to drink yet

No, they absolutely fucking couldn’t. I remember thinking the same when I was young, but what comes with experience is that sharing a bottle of vodka then going up town and having 8 jäger bombs is nothing.
Heading out at midday on the pints all day and staying out until the following day is drinking.

7 hours ago, NJ2 said:

No, they absolutely fucking couldn’t. I remember thinking the same when I was young, but what comes with experience is that sharing a bottle of vodka then going up town and having 8 jäger bombs is nothing.
Heading out at midday on the pints all day and staying out until the following day is drinking.

go to the field and give them a lecture and then drink them under the table (or mud for that matter)

go to the field and give them a lecture and then drink them under the table (or mud for that matter)

I’ve a bloody right mind too. But it’ll probably be raining and cold outside, not raining and cold sitting in the pub.

On 10/24/2017 at 11:14, ICTChris said:

My parents never got drunk - my dad doesn't drink and my mum would have a glass of wine with a meal.  I don't remember any social events where I was aware of people being drunk, although I suppose they could've been.  

My dad lived in Ireland for a while and I remember going to the pub there with my parents and getting a Sunday dinner.  There were loads of kids in with their families, who were all drinking but they didn't seem drunk.  Obviously that's different from getting pished.

Don't think I saw my old man drunk until I was about 20. Seen it a couple of times since, but not often. Seem him drink plenty, but he doesn't really get that drunk all that often, or if he does he hides it well. He was in the navy for many years though, so perhaps he's had his fill (of boozing).

My maw however I've seen drunk countless times. I remember my old man having to carry back to the place we were staying one night on holiday when in France because she was so drunk. I must have been about 8 or 9 then. It was funny when we were younger. It stopped being so funny when it became a huge problem. She lost her job in 2005 or 2006 (can't mind which) when the nursery she was a manager of closed down and she and everyone else was screwed out of money by the owners. Since then she's sort of given up a bit, and has been drunk almost every single night. She gets incredibly petty, spiteful and juvenile if anyone dares suggest she has a problem, but she clearly does. No idea how to address though, and it's at the stage where I sometimes hope that out my parents, she dies first, because without my old man she would be absolutely lost and probably on the streets within weeks. Me and my brothers keep saying we'll one day so something about it, but we haven't yet, and I think we're afraid of what might happen if we do.

But aye, she's an alcoholic. She can be a bit of a c**t because of it,  but she's mostly 'harmless', in that she has loads of wine each night, passes out on the couch, then goes to bed. Rinse and repeat. Not cool.

As for myself, I like beer, and I enjoy drinking it, but felt I might have been getting a bit of a problem myself. I used to get drunk every single Saturday night. When you're younger and you're out with your friends doing it, that's not really much of an issue. When you sit in your flat alone and do it, it definitely becomes an issue. I now don't drink by myself, and haven't done so for a while now. Have been for a couple of pints by myself after a match, but should knock that on the head as it does me no good.

Last time I had a drink was 23rd of September. Next time will be before the next Pars match I go to.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Don't think I saw my old man drunk until I was about 20. Seen it a couple of times since, but not often. Seem him drink plenty, but he doesn't really get that drunk all that often, or if he does he hides it well. He was in the navy for many years though, so perhaps he's had his fill (of boozing).

My maw however I've seen drunk countless times. I remember my old man having to carry back to the place we were staying one night on holiday when in France because she was so drunk. I must have been about 8 or 9 then. It was funny when we were younger. It stopped being so funny when it became a huge problem. She lost her job in 2005 or 2006 (can't mind which) when the nursery she was a manager of closed down and she and everyone else was screwed out of money by the owners. Since then she's sort of given up a bit, and has been drunk almost every single night. She gets incredibly petty, spiteful and juvenile if anyone dares suggest she has a problem, but she clearly does. No idea how to address though, and it's at the stage where I sometimes hope that out my parents, she dies first, because without my old man she would be absolutely lost and probably on the streets within weeks. Me and my brothers keep saying we'll one day so something about it, but we haven't yet, and I think we're afraid of what might happen if we do.

But aye, she's an alcoholic. She can be a bit of a c**t because of it,  but she's mostly 'harmless', in that she has loads of wine each night, passes out on the couch, then goes to bed. Rinse and repeat. Not cool.

As for myself, I like beer, and I enjoy drinking it, but felt I might have been getting a bit of a problem myself. I used to get drunk every single Saturday night. When you're younger and you're out with your friends doing it, that's not really much of an issue. When you sit in your flat alone and do it, it definitely becomes an issue. I now don't drink by myself, and haven't done so for a while now. Have been for a couple of pints by myself after a match, but should knock that on the head as it does me no good.

Last time I had a drink was 23rd of September. Next time will be before the next Pars match I go to.

That sounds a shite situation DAB, I hope it gets better.  i think it'll be hard to suggest to her to cut down or stop but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Your posts these days are like a story from Simon Bates 'Our Tune', I miss the good old days of the sex pram.