Alcohol Consumption

planbiffy

56 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Seems that I'm suddenly in the same age category as a 40 year old.

Sad times.

That's what excessive drinking will do to you, youngster.

@supermik's liver shares an age category with Granny Danger.

I like to drink a half bottle of wine and 4 - 6 beers when I do drink and I usually drink Saturday and Sunday and maybe one night through the week. I was working away from home for a bit of late and was drinking every night out of habit which wasn’t really doing me any favours at all mind you.

I’m in the habit of leaving the red wine in the kitchen and consuming it in there whilst I have an open beer that I’ll be drinking in the sitting room.

15 minutes ago, throbber said:

I like to drink a half bottle of wine and 4 - 6 beers when I do drink and I usually drink Saturday and Sunday and maybe one night through the week. I was working away from home for a bit of late and was drinking every night out of habit which wasn’t really doing me any favours at all mind you.

I’m in the habit of leaving the red wine in the kitchen and consuming it in there whilst I have an open beer that I’ll be drinking in the sitting room.

Archetypal alky behaviour throbber. Do you keep the wine in the washing machine? I'm a one night a week person now but I'd still be unlikely to leave a half bottle once I've opened it, but I'd be unlikely to be drinking beer with it. One or the other!

Archetypal alky behaviour throbber. Do you keep the wine in the washing machine? I'm a one night a week person now but I'd still be unlikely to leave a half bottle once I've opened it, but I'd be unlikely to be drinking beer with it. One or the other!

Me and the Mrs would share the bottle of red before but now that she can’t drink wine it will be rubbing it in her face to be drinking it in front of her so I keep it in the kitchen and go in and top myself up when on the way to getting a beer. I am usually happy enough to leave a half bottle of it so that’s a good sign anyway!

Just now, throbber said:

Me and the Mrs would share the bottle of red before but now that she can’t drink wine it will be rubbing it in her face to be drinking it in front of her so I keep it in the kitchen and go in and top myself up when on the way to getting a beer. I am usually happy enough to leave a half bottle of it so that’s a good sign anyway!

It is indeed and it could add months to your life.

Just now, throbber said:

I’m happy enough going 4 nights a week without a drop but always want it Saturday and Sunday. I will need to make changes when the child comes though.

Aye, you'll be drinking every night of the week to cope with the screaming wee brat...

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I’m happy enough going 4 nights a week without a drop but always want it Saturday and Sunday. I will need to make changes when the child comes though.

Looking after a child is like a DIY task, get it wrong a couple of times and she she'll do it herself.

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/oct/18/even-moderate-drinking-by-parents-can-upset-children-study

I can't believe that people would be drunk in front of their children.

Absolutely horrendous behaviour. Scandalous. People like that are complete vermin.