Sofa so good

Hursty

Getting one of these for free - http://www.fineback.co.uk/himolla-rhine-2-seater-reclining-sofa.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwybvPBRDBARIsAA7T2kj0-QHgQ-knzE_v7htclLimQGt43NBcLbO9kHozqEu9xTGJZVsD3sIaAm-8EALw_wcB

Going to get a 3 seater couch to go in the sitting room with it but not spending £2k on it!

Getting one of these for free - http://www.fineback.co.uk/himolla-rhine-2-seater-reclining-sofa.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwybvPBRDBARIsAA7T2kj0-QHgQ-knzE_v7htclLimQGt43NBcLbO9kHozqEu9xTGJZVsD3sIaAm-8EALw_wcB
Going to get a 3 seater couch to go in the sitting room with it but not spending £2k on it!

They looks like the fancy subs seats you see at Nou Camp and the like...wouldn’t knock it for free though!

6 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

They looks like the fancy subs seats you see at Nou Camp and the like...wouldn’t knock it for free though!

They're quite comfy but no way worth that much! My parents dogs sometimes go under them when someone is sat in a reclined position and then get hit by the mechanism when it closes, hopefully my child doesn't wonder underneath it without me realising!

They're quite comfy but no way worth that much! My parents dogs sometimes go under them when someone is sat in a reclined position and then get hit by the mechanism when it closes, hopefully my child doesn't wonder underneath it without me realising!

A common theme with sofas, beds etc. It’s important to get comfortable ones though.
Will be a while before wee throbber is crawling about by themselves, get plenty use out of them before then.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm like that as well. We've had ours for almost 6 years now. Got the Senator from Harveys

5a94d06ecf07d6c103e47e5ba79cffe3.jpg

We took out the 0% interest over 4 years but paid it off after 3. I can see how some folk would pay it off then move it on but that's not for me. I want my moneys worth. Plus this particular sofa is ridiculously comfortable. The wee one is almost walking and already she's done some damage to the fabric. It won't be long until it's completely ruined. I'll ve sad to see it go and now wish I had bought it in leather as I don't think it's stocked anymore.

Leather has to be the next one which I'm not pleased about given how much I dislike leather sofas: freezing in winter and roasting in summer. For practical reasons it's a must though.

If the OP is in the position I'd recommend the 4 years interest free option. You can pay it off earlier, it builds up your credit score and you decide what you pay. We opted for £40 a month.

The BHF have some nice used sofas but in no way can they be classed as cheap!

Leather for us, we have blankets down on it which helps with the cold.  We've got 'his and hers' sofa's and the dogs have made a bit of a mess, definitely better than fabric for toughness although a bit tatty now. Still work for plonking the arse though and she's not been moaning too loudly, hopefully get a few more years out of them.

I like that one QOS so long as you have a rather spacious sitting room. 
We settled for this one 4 years ago and its just totally shite:

freya_4e_freya_sky_view1.jpg.aed28066515fe57e7269812de85c0aa9.jpg

It's served us well. The main issues are it's foam and so after all this time some parts are starting to lose shape. It's also a b*****d to clip and unclip. In general it's a belter though. It's huge and obviously dominates the room but that was a selling point for me. In our flat there was only room for that and our TV cabinet which meant the room couldn't be cluttered.

9 hours ago, throbber said:

I like that one QOS so long as you have a rather spacious sitting room. 

We settled for this one 4 years ago and its just totally shite:

freya_4e_freya_sky_view1.jpg

Crackin post, this number was on my shortlist :thumsup2

What's so bad about it?

8 hours ago, banana said:

Crackin post, this number was on my shortlist :thumsup2

What's so bad about it?

Its just shit, the colour is particularly bad but i really hate the way it limits our sitting room and wish we had got 2 separate couches that formed a square with the TV so when we have guests we're not all sat on the same couch. Eventually we couldn't agree on a couch set up we both liked so we got one that neither one of us liked instead just because we were so sick of DFS.

On 10/24/2017 at 14:43, throbber said:

You running an old folks home? 

rhine-2str-reclining-sofa.jpg

• 2 years later...