Rangers vs Kilmarnock Wed. 25th Oct

Just now, MEADOWXI said:

How about they outspending 40 of the other 41 members of the SPFL if you require clarification.

Yes, that's a better way of putting it, and there can't be that much in it between them and Celtic as well.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's the sheer comic invention they bring to the table.  The variety, the innovation. 

By now it should be like some once excellent American TV comedy that's starting to get a bit formulaic, that's starting to rely on catchphrases for laughs.  

But no.  It just keeps getting better, with stuff none of us saw coming.

I'm genuinely worried that they'll get rid of Pedro and stumble across someone at last decent.  I read a suggestion of Kenny Miller though, so you never know. 

This must end some time however and we'll have to accept that.  But what a legacy.

I remember someone at Rangers, possibly Walter Smith, saying in 1998 after Celtic had stopped ten in a row and Rangers had just lost to Hearts in the Scottish Cup Final that "the other teams know that this is as bad as it gets for Rangers". I remember thinking at the time that he was probably right. It took a wee while but the wait was worth it. 

Another catastrophic event cannot be ruled out. Rangers fans just better pray its nuclear war.

The funny thing to me about this is that they actually have better players than they did last year and still serve us up the same comedy gold.  I think their midfield and central defenders are better, plus Morelos is better than Joe Garner yet still they manage to give us this hilarity.  Unfortunately they will probably sack the comic genius and replace him with someone boring like McLeish or Billy Davies, praying for Steve McLaren though

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

The funny thing to me about this is that they actually have better players than they did last year and still serve us up the same comedy gold.  I think their midfield and central defenders are better, plus Morelos is better than Joe Garner yet still they manage to give us this hilarity.  Unfortunately they will probably sack the comic genius and replace him with someone boring like McLeish or Billy Davies, praying for Steve McLaren though

Given that they're an off the chart, seething mess of paranoia Billy Davies would be a sensational appointment tbh.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

There was just something about last night, as if it was meant to be!

Agreed. Even as I was bouncing about flinging vickies at the ashen-faced Buns beyond the segregation, all that was going through my mind was "Well, obviously". That's the nick of Sevco now: no matter how bizarre the turn of events, anything is possible with that preposterous institution.

Has no one considered telling them that they can’t do what they did in the 1990s and that they’ll have to accept that the players they can afford these days are mediocre, thus resulting in them not always winning?

But but but. A warchest. But wealth off the radar. But

Let's take a step back from all the hilarity of the penalty incident.

Does anyone have a rough figure on how many millions it's cost The Rangers to get themselves to this level??

If there was ever a case of mismanagement of a business this must be the model example.

9 minutes ago, honeyboy edwards said:

Let's take a step back from all the hilarity of the penalty incident.

Does anyone have a rough figure on how many millions it's cost The Rangers to get themselves to this level??

If there was ever a case of mismanagement of a business this must be the model example.

They were rumoured to be paying Kevin Kyle £8k per week and Ian Black £7k per week

I like Burkie's attitude, fear nothing & always believe.......

Chris Burke says Kilmarnock always believed they could achieve a positive result against Rangers.

The winger came off the bench to score in injury time during a dramatic ending to the Premiership clash at Ibrox.

Burke's goal ensured Killie moved off the bottom of the table in Steve Clarke's first match in charge and the former Scotland international was in no doubt the result was merited. 

He said: "I thought it was nothing that we didn't deserve. Especially second half. 

"Obviously Rangers had a couple of chances and you had to weather the storm, but I thought we took the game to them second half and could have ended up winning the game.

"Like any football game, if you stay in the game you have still got a chance. At 1-0, you always know you can take something from the game. And we believed that.

"Rangers could have made it two or three but they didn't. Second half we passed the ball better, we were creating chances, we were braver on the ball and in the end it must have been a great game to watch because it was a great game to play in.

"Coming to Ibrox as a person I think any game of football you can't just go out on the park and think you are going to get beat. 

"If you don't think you can win the match you might as well stay in the house. We are football players, we get paid to perform on the pitch and today I think we did that. We took one point and we could have taken all three.

"The fear factor at Rangers? You are probably asking the wrong person because I have played at Rangers, I don't fear anything. I don't think any player should fear anything, whether it is Parkhead, Ibrox or Pittodrie."

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This has the potential to keep the comedy going and to have the statement writers at Snake Mountain shatter a few more keyboards

I'm raging. How come he never got any games added for the failed appeal?

Archived