Rangers vs Kilmarnock Wed. 25th Oct

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was invited along by my best mate as his family had a spare hospitality ticket. Thought it would be a fairly meh game but f**k it, who cares when there's free booze and food on offer. Oh my, how wrong I was. For the first 90 minutes I thought the only amusement on offer was some stereotypically Sevco-eqsue bald, raging man hurling abuse at 'Tav' anytime he touched the ball, and then it all kicked off.

There was a slightly muted and dejected reaction to the penalty miss (following unbelievable detached craniums over Jack's red card), but when Killie banged the equaliser home within 30 seconds of that my entire fist was just about engulfed by my mouth in an effort to keep myself from pissing myself laughing. So much so was the seethe from the top tier of the main stand that a couple of boys got chucked out, which then resulted in stewards receiving a tirade of abuse right up until full time. Hats off to the Killie boys, the scenes in that away end were stunning.

On top of all that, after leaving the main entrance of the main stand there were three mutants all purple with rage screaming 'We'll never win anything with that c**t in charge, get it sorted' amongst other pleasantries at two boys stood behind the gate. I was quite interested to see just who these important men were that made decisions on managerial changes. Turns out they were just a couple of bewildered security guys.

Thank you Kilmarnock, top night.

P.S. the pies were average.

Some say that the exploits of Messi and Ronaldo in their respective careers have set an unfair benchmark for other footballers. Rather than marvel at a 30 goals a season player, we now say 'Aye but Messi got 60'. We've become desensitised to fantastic achievements because the bar has been set so high by two extraordinary individuals. You always think they've peaked but just keep delivering consistently. 

In terms of the banter, Rangers are Messi and Ronaldo rolled into one. It's almost dulled the senses to laughing at any other type of footballing failure. 6 years now. 6 fucking years. Every single time you think that they've peaked. With the level of resources at their disposal, they can't sustain this level of ineptitude for much longer and they will turn the tables. And yet it continues. 

It's actually massively impressive to have such huge resources with which to get yourself out of these situations yet continue to be a fucking screaming basketcase and smashing head first into crisis after crisis for well over half a decade and showing no signs of slowing. 

So I suppose I doff my cap to Rangers for the relentless pursuit of new ways to entertain. In that regard at least, they really are the people. 

15 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

That was an amazing last 5-6 minutes, with the **** twice mucking up chances in the box.  

Im the end  thought we thoroughly deserved the draw - Burke and Erwin comic on made all the difference, with Rory doing really well too.

Is that McDonald's first penalty save for Killie?

Sadly not :( 

He saved one against Clyde in the cup last season.

If only Moshni still played for Rangers. He added a     lot of comedy value to events like this.

My favourite was his Motherwell prize fighter routine in the Play-offs. Followed closely by him punching f**k out of the pitch at Palmerston during a 2-0 defeat for his side the day Ally got the boot.  

56540983-0C44-46C1-AA4B-26D3B7C36FD5.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

They have humans on there too?

Valid point , whatever I witnessed was sumptuous though , shame it's post August , they could have been the comedy winners at the festival fringe if they had the foresight to enter , that's all they could have won this season lol.

4 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

Genuinely think if we could just get Trump and Kim Jong-Un into Scottish fitba they could work out their differences by laughing at The Rangers.

Although, now I think of it, they'd almost certainly both be ****

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-in-crisis-donald-trump-backed-857388

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/donald-trump-could-have-been-9225796

You're not far off the mark.

Archived