c***s on the road

• 2 weeks later...
There should be a death penalty for people who cannot grasp the fact they can fill their car up from any side at a petrol station.
More so for me for people who queue for the rear pump (oh my) to become free as opposed to maneuvering round to take the recently vacated front one.

Front pump at Asda wasn’t working so reversed and some guy drove up and peeped. Filled up and took glove to bin then sanitised hands. 
Drove away to see him driving up to front pump. I did try and give some sort of universal sign for card reader broken but it was amusing.

Wasn’t around long enough to see if someone rolled up and took the rear space. 

• 3 weeks later...

Had a weird one tonight. Driving on the A9 from Broxden there was a police car in front of me driving about 40, straddling the two lanes so I couldn’t get by. They eventually turned right at Auchterarder but it was a very bizarre experience and I have no idea why they were doing this.

8 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Had a weird one tonight. Driving on the A9 from Broxden there was a police car in front of me driving about 40, straddling the two lanes so I couldn’t get by. They eventually turned right at Auchterarder but it was a very bizarre experience and I have no idea why they were doing this.

Probably trying to goad folk into making an error so they could stop them. 

I've pulled onto the Friarton Bridge before at 60 only to find myself stuck behind a car doing exactly that at 30 with a huge queue of traffic behind them.

Dangerous, and pointless, but what can you do?

There might be a minor incident ahead and instead of stopping traffic completely, they're rolling road blocking to give their colleagues up ahead the time and space to deal with the incident in relative safety. Whilst keeping traffic moving. It's a relatively common tactic.

Pretty much the same thing (but much more effective) as when you see the variable speed limits at '40' and you're thinking "why? There's f**k all going on here". Then continue along at 70 anyways :)

38 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

There might be a minor incident ahead and instead of stopping traffic completely, they're rolling road blocking to give their colleagues up ahead the time and space to deal with the incident in relative safety. Whilst keeping traffic moving. It's a relatively common tactic.

Pretty much the same thing (but much more effective) as when you see the variable speed limits at '40' and you're thinking "why? There's f**k all going on here". Then continue along at 70 anyways :)

This now makes me feel bad for ranting at them for slowing me down 😂

Pretty much the same thing (but much more effective) as when you see the variable speed limits at '40' and you're thinking "why? There's f**k all going on here". Then continue along at 70 anyways [emoji4]

Yeah this makes sense. I've seen it happen on the motorway a couple of times where the police will weave across all lanes to slow the traffic down. Its usually for something fairly minor like debris in the road or something like that.

52 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Yeah I thought it was probably something like this, although I did have it in the back of my mind that they were just being dicks like RandomGuy suggested 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

Yeah I thought it was probably something like this, although I did have it in the back of my mind that they were just being dicks like RandomGuy suggested 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

Something similar happened to me on the A9 but with those Army barracks lorries. Was about 6 of them and they deliberately blocked both lanes so I couldn’t get past. At one point they broke up a little, enough for me to start overtaking and then they pretty much boxed me in. It was mental, I was absolutely raging because it felt like they were taking the piss/felt intimidating in my old Astra surrounded by these fuckers.

On 29/12/2020 at 09:49, frankthetank22 said:

Cheers for the chat folk's.

I was made redundant a couple months ago but managed to secure a decent/good new job which keeps me in the same industry. The one issue is the 50min commute but I can deal with that (with the aid of podcasts).

I regard myself as an experienced and competent winter driver and always fit new winter tires every Nov/Dec but know how bad the road can become, last bad winter was 2010 imo.  We have two cars, an i30 which I can get 55mpg out of, plus a wee town car for the missus. My plan is to sell her town car and get a second hand 4x4 which she can use to her work/shops, and I can use in days with fresh snow.

I had read that the Panda 4x4 is surprisingly good in the snow, she likes the look of the RAV4. I've been checking FB marketplace & Gumtree for 4x4 vehicles with a new mot, just thought I'd put it to p&b for suggestions, in what to avoid even?

Is it D Gilmour the butcher in Kingussie you work for?

8 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Something similar happened to me on the A9 but with those Army barracks lorries. Was about 6 of them and they deliberately blocked both lanes so I couldn’t get past. At one point they broke up a little, enough for me to start overtaking and then they pretty much boxed me in. It was mental, I was absolutely raging because it felt like they were taking the piss/felt intimidating in my old Astra surrounded by these fuckers.

Some say the devil is dead and buried in Killarney

More say he rose again and joined the British army

On 15/03/2021 at 00:09, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Looking to catch Grahame in his Kia Cee'd if you ask me

Got a problem with a little shite in a vw GTI, maybe 4 or 5 mornings a month, practically lying down in the drivers seat with his tiny head peeking over the steering wheel, he's going to kill some poor fucker, in a head on collision with his dodgy overtaking. Seething.

Thank you.