Jump to content
microdave

c***s on the road

Recommended Posts

Was driving Glasgow bound on the M8 today, just after Eurocentral it became pretty foggy.

In the outside lane there was a BMW cruising along at 70, with no lights on, and not for moving left, despite there being no traffic on either of the inside lanes.

I sat behind it for a while, but then gave up and moved in a lane. Didn't undertake as I wasn't in any huge hurry. Jag driver came along and had a try at the headlight flashing thing, which eventually worked., the driver moved over.

This gave me the chance to both overtake,  and find out who the c**t was. Turned out to be a daft female, who had deployed the classic cunty driving position of seat tipped so far forward that her chin was virtually on the steering wheel, and her hands were at 11:59/12:01, rather than the classic 10 to 2. She was so far forward, that's why she couldn't see in her mirrors, I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Turned out to be a daft female, who had deployed the classic cunty driving position of seat tipped so far forward that her chin was virtually on the steering wheel, and her hands were at 11:59/12:01, rather than the classic 10 to 2. 

The Japanese sniper position as an old colleague used to call it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kinnesburn St Andrews. Not strictly on road but a cuntt neverthelessIMG-20210107-WA0000.thumb.jpeg.ee51807c649b1a6407613ba15d5d4939.jpeg
To everyone's shock it's a BMW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, superbigal said:

Kinnesburn St Andrews. Not strictly on road but a cuntt neverthelessIMG-20210107-WA0000.jpeg

It appears to have a cock on its underside. Which is surprising as it's usually found in the driver's seat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not so much “c***s on the road” but “c***s in a car park” for this one.

In the wee car park round the back of the corner shop. Started reversing out my space (after checking mirrors and blind spots ofc). After I was already out a bit, the guy opposite/behind me turns on his engine and I notice his reverse lights have came on. I stopped for a wee second and he hadn’t moved, so started edging out again assuming he must be waiting until I’m finished.

How wrong was I? The c**t then starts reversing out while I’m halfway out my space, so I stopped again and gave my horn a tap to let him know I was there. Does he stop? Naw. He carries on his manoeuvre, coming so far out that he’s blocked me in - leaving me with no option but to wait in amazement at what I’m witnessing until he’s fucked off.

As he was driving off I gave the horn another beep to see if I got any response. The c**t didn’t even look. I don’t know if he was completely oblivious to what was going on or just had a neck made of brass. He was fairly old but still looked too young to be at the “so senile he shouldn’t be driving” stage.

To top it off he then indicated right before turning left on his way out the car park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Not so much “c***s on the road” but “c***s in a car park” for this one.

In the wee car park round the back of the corner shop. Started reversing out my space (after checking mirrors and blind spots ofc). After I was already out a bit, the guy opposite/behind me turns on his engine and I notice his reverse lights have came on. I stopped for a wee second and he hadn’t moved, so started edging out again assuming he must be waiting until I’m finished.

How wrong was I? The c**t then starts reversing out while I’m halfway out my space, so I stopped again and gave my horn a tap to let him know I was there. Does he stop? Naw. He carries on his manoeuvre, coming so far out that he’s blocked me in - leaving me with no option but to wait in amazement at what I’m witnessing until he’s fucked off.

As he was driving off I gave the horn another beep to see if I got any response. The c**t didn’t even look. I don’t know if he was completely oblivious to what was going on or just had a neck made of brass. He was fairly old but still looked too young to be at the “so senile he shouldn’t be driving” stage.

To top it off he then indicated right before turning left on his way out the car park.

Should have reversed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Should have reversed in.

Driving in isn’t my preferred way but it’s perfectly acceptable. That’s why “drive in, reverse out” is one the manoeuvres included in a driving test.

And it’s no excuse for the dozy c**t in question either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never drive in nose first into a parking space as its the height of laziness and bad planning. Reverse parking isn't difficult and saves all the faffing about when you're leaving with checking all ways and expecting others to stop to let you crawl out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I never drive in nose first into a parking space as its the height of laziness and bad planning. Reverse parking isn't difficult and saves all the faffing about when you're leaving with checking all ways and expecting others to stop to let you crawl out.

Not if you've got a wheelchair in the boot or a load of shopping to get in it. If you can't safely reverse out of a parking bay without delaying other drivers, you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always assume its rubbish drivers that park nose in first.....

ETA - I do it myself from time to time so that strengthens my assumption. 

Edited by KingRocketman II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I never drive in nose first into a parking space as its the height of laziness and bad planning. Reverse parking isn't difficult and saves all the faffing about when you're leaving with checking all ways and expecting others to stop to let you crawl out.

Except that clearly wasn’t the case here if you’d read what I said. I was already doing my manoeuvre before the stupid b*****d - who was also reversing - barged out.

It’s a very small car park and was busy when I got there so I was doing everyone a favour by driving in instead of holding everyone up while reversing in, and I had stuff to get out of the boot - which would have been up against the wall if I’d reversed.

Bizarre that “well you should have reversed in then!!1!” is the response to the above story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Not if you've got a wheelchair in the boot or a load of shopping to get in it. If you can't safely reverse out of a parking bay without delaying other drivers, you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

I don't understand why they put a bollard in the middle at the end of  disabled parking bays. I'd love to reverse in, get the ramps down, get the wheelchair out and get the wife straight onto the pavement. Instead I've got to unload all that in the road and block traffic. 

 

Our Projects | Parking Bay, Pharmaceutical Company, Herts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not if you've got a wheelchair in the boot or a load of shopping to get in it. If you can't safely reverse out of a parking bay without delaying other drivers, you shouldn't be allowed on the road.
OK ill give you the wheelchair thing but shopping?...no way. Its usually daft women who dive in nose first to the first space they see without thinking of the chaos they'll cause trying to get back out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
13 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Not if you've got a wheelchair in the boot or a load of shopping to get in it. If you can't safely reverse out of a parking bay without delaying other drivers, you shouldn't be allowed on the road.

OK ill give you the wheelchair thing but shopping?...no way. Its usually daft women who dive in nose first to the first space they see without thinking of the chaos they'll cause trying to get back out.

How will it be chaos? I'm quite capable of reversing out safely and/or choosing a parking place that it makes no difference and can drive in or out. You probably being the car park to a standstill as you make your twelfth cut at reversing in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't understand why they put a bollard in the middle at the end of  disabled parking bays. I'd love to reverse in, get the ramps down, get the wheelchair out and get the wife straight onto the pavement. Instead I've got to unload all that in the road and block traffic. 
 
parkingbay_2_1209x1190.jpg&key=597fc01f9ecee5a4caa3d7216c4ca5dc98485106464743c1372b5bd07636c825
I'm surprised that's been allowed. Building Control are very strict on DDA compliance these days. Unless the bollards were installed later.

As for parking, I'll normally reverse in unless I'm at the shopping to make sure I have access to the boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

I always assume its rubbish drivers that park nose in first.....

ETA - I do it myself from time to time so that strengthens my assumption. 

Me. too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How will it be chaos? I'm quite capable of reversing out safely and/or choosing a parking place that it makes no difference and can drive in or out. You probably being the car park to a standstill as you make your twelfth cut at reversing in.
Reversing into a space is so easy and makes it even easier to leave. If you take 12 goes at it then you should probably quit driving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...