c***s on the road

C***s who try and avoid hitting animals on the road instead of staying in a straight line. 

I stayed in a straight line when a deer jumped out in front of me as i was going down the A1. Consequence, one written off Saab and one very dead deer.
Animals with no road sense should not be allowed anywhere the highways and byways. Those that do are cu*ts.

23 minutes ago, Kmeister said:

I stayed in a straight line when a deer jumped out in front of me as i was going down the A1. Consequence, one written off Saab and one very dead deer.
Animals with no road sense should not be allowed anywhere the highways and byways. Those that do are dead cu*ts.

FTFY

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Birds are the worst. Why the f**k do they walk across the road. The thick c***s can fly FFS

The pheasants round my way get safely to the other lane and then decide to come back across...

7 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

A few cars in the business park where I work have sprouted wheel clamps and big yellow stickers saying "Car Tax Unpaid" during this morning.

c***s Off The Road for a little while.

Anyone know the grace period you'll be allowed to not pay b4 the big clamp appears?

For the record I pay mine DD

I used to work in IT for the police and my car was parked at their HQ every day with an expired tax disc for about a week or two until I remembered to renew it. Talk about hiding in plain sight.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The pheasants round my way get safely to the other lane and then decide to come back across...

Pheasants are absolute mentalists. Towards the end of Summer, I was driving into work, came round a corner and there must have been at least 10-20 of the fuckers just stood in the road. A car was coming in the opposite direction, and I had a car behind me. They didn't even look like they were going to move, and I just sped through them, whatever I didn't kill the bloke behind did. Felt incredibly guilty about it for a good couple weeks as I drove that same stretch of road every day, and saw a baby Pheasant obviously on the lookout for it's parents. 

50 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

What kind of coin to get it removed?

I got clamped but returned to the car before they'd left. I was with my elderly dad so they let me pay it over the phone while they waited. Think it was the road tax owed plus a £50 fine. 

P.S. It's now £100 to get the clamp removed.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Pheasants are absolute mentalists. Towards the end of Summer, I was driving into work, came round a corner and there must have been at least 10-20 of the fuckers just stood in the road. A car was coming in the opposite direction, and I had a car behind me. They didn't even look like they were going to move, and I just sped through them, whatever I didn't kill the bloke behind did. Felt incredibly guilty about it for a good couple weeks as I drove that same stretch of road every day, and saw a baby Pheasant obviously on the lookout for it's parents. 

Be interesting to know what the correct response is in this scenario.

I'd have probably reacted the same way, but what are the rules?

If it had been a human being - emergency stop.

A horse - same (to protect your vehicle in addition to prevent injuring the animal)

A dog? Pretty sure you are required by law to stop.

You could argue that the driver behind should be at a sufficient distance to react safely to the vehicle in front carrying out an emergency stop...

23 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

A few cars in the business park where I work have sprouted wheel clamps and big yellow stickers saying "Car Tax Unpaid" during this morning.

c***s Off The Road for a little while.

More cars clamped this morning, another pleasing day for @Granny Danger

Of the cars clamped yesterday, all but one had had the clamp removed by the end of the day yesterday, and the last one by lunchtime today.

Pretty effective tactic, though I look forward to bleating about 'heavy handed tactics' in this week's Falkirk Herald.