c***s on the road

That braking car was driving much too close in front of you.
It wasn't. I was too slow to realise how hard they were braking. I had been on the road for less than two years when it happened and my inexperience showed. I took responsibility and learned a valuable lesson that day.

On 17/06/2020 at 14:13, Bold Rover said:

Perhaps without the split infinitive?

On 17/06/2020 at 14:19, Dee Man said:

No, it stays. Aggressively pushes the message home IMO. 

Pedantic semantics thread for this pish

On 18/06/2020 at 07:28, ajwffc said:

heading towards Earl's Gate roundabout after exiting the M9 at J6 i take it

On 18/06/2020 at 07:45, Bairnardo said:

Correct

Other week I was in the left hand lane after coming off the motorway - turning right ( both can turn right) the dick in the Audi in the right hand lane managed to go from that lane right across to the left hand turn to the Auld toon way.

17 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Other week I was in the left hand lane after coming off the motorway - turning right ( both can turn right) the dick in the Audi in the right hand lane managed to go from that lane right across to the left hand turn to the Auld toon way.

seen that many a time. Last time i seen someone try it they had to go to the roundabout as a lorry stopped them from doing it. The lorry then went down Earls road from  the roundabout at the dock entrance so went the long way to stop a dick being a dick 

4 hours ago, ajwffc said:

seen that many a time. Last time i seen someone try it they had to go to the roundabout as a lorry stopped them from doing it. The lorry then went down Earls road from  the roundabout at the dock entrance so went the long way to stop a dick being a dick 

Not all heroes wear capes. 

22 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Hero

Literally just had the lane cut onto slip road happen to me there.

In my wifes Yaris, going across the Friarton Bridge, intending to go onto slip road to head to Broxden, nobody really near me. All of a sudden an X-Trail appears beside me, plenty of time to get passed me and in, or even just wait and go behind me, but for some reason waits until I'm on the slip road to lurch across every lane and swing in before me. Due to this reading this thread, I was sort of paying attention to him, so noticed his plan and was able to stamp on the brakes as he cut across. 

A wee hand wave in the rear view mirror was apparently enough to excuse almost wiping me off the road.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Literally just had the lane cut onto slip road happen to me there.

In my wifes Yaris, going across the Friarton Bridge, intending to go onto slip road to head to Broxden, nobody really near me. All of a sudden an X-Trail appears beside me, plenty of time to get passed me and in, or even just wait and go behind me, but for some reason waits until I'm on the slip road to lurch across every lane and swing in before me. Due to this reading this thread, I was sort of paying attention to him, so noticed his plan and was able to stamp on the brakes as he cut across. 

A wee hand wave in the rear view mirror was apparently enough to excuse almost wiping me off the road.

I trust you continually flashed the lights and sounded the horn for the next 5 minutes, while giving him the middle finger.

Some might say it’s harsh putting it in this thread as it’s an unintentional error, but the 90+ year old woman who drove over a mother and 3 year old child (killing him) and into a shop window in Edinburgh yesterday is yet more evidence that people continuing to drive at that sort of age are a danger to the road. 

23 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Some might say it’s harsh putting it in this thread as it’s an unintentional error, but the 90+ year old woman who drove over a mother and 3 year old child (killing him) and into a shop window in Edinburgh yesterday is yet more evidence that people continuing to drive at that sort of age are a danger to the road. 

Prince Philip being a case in point.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It reminds me of a pal's great aunt who was still insisting she was perfectly fit to drive despute early onset of dementia 

The problem was solved when she crashed into the back of a polis car and was persuaded to give up her licence. The old bag blamed the polis for the crash too 

I was driving at 70 down the M90 today. Blue car draws up behind me, overtakes me (fair enough) but almost immediately cuts me up to turn down a slip road and the c**t has to brake at the bottom as there is a queue of traffic 

Wtf was the point. p***k.

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I was driving at 70 down the M90 today. Blue car draws up behind me, overtakes me (fair enough) but almost immediately cuts me up to turn down a slip road and the c**t has to brake at the bottom as there is a queue of traffic 

Wtf was the point. p***k.

You probably stand out.

15 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

They had an interview on the radio with a witness who sounded absolutely desperate to make herself the voice of the community and the centre of attention

59 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

They had an interview on the radio with a witness who sounded absolutely desperate to make herself the voice of the community and the centre of attention

Aye it was the shop owner beside the one that got hit I think. It was a bit John Hartson the interview but tbf if I’d seen a 3 year old trapped under a car because a 90 year old woman refused to accept she’s a danger to the road I’d probably have been full on ranting.

Driving in built up areas in Edinburgh is hard enough for anyone let alone a 91 year old.  There has been roadworks around that area, not exactly where the crash happened but close to there.  I frequently drive there when we take the wee man to Blackford Pond.

Dreadful, dreadful story.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Folk that drive the A9 at 35mph on the single lane sections and speed up to 75mph on the dual carriageways!

Smallish work vans are the worst for that, haven't figured out why. The worst is when it's just a short overtaking section.

Edited by welshbairn

purely to vent:

was sitting in a box junction to turn right, filter light went on, I started to make my turn, happy days. Alas, a van from a solid distance away was approaching straight on, rather fortunately I clocked that he sped up so I halted my turn. Vancunt blatantly ran a red light despite i) clearly having more than enough distance to stop safely at the light from his side of the road and ii) must have seen me sitting in the box waiting to turn with my indicator on, visibility was absolutely fine.