c***s on the road

People who think indicators are right of way cators. Particularly when parked on double yellow lines and facing the flow of traffic, but pull out into the road regardless. No I will not let you out, f*** you.

I passed my test about 8 years ago and was always told that if I was leaving a round about in the right hand lane, to continue leaving in the right hand lane and get myself into the left hand lane when it was safe to do so, after I had exited the roundabout. 

The amount of people I see who carry out the move from right hand lane to left hand lane as they are three quarters the way round the roundabout is making me think that this is something that is being taught to new drivers. Twice in the last two days I’ve had someone nearly come straight into the side of my car as we are going side by side round the roundabout. Can any new drivers confirm? 

2 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I passed my test about 8 years ago and was always told that if I was leaving a round about in the right hand lane, to continue leaving in the right hand lane and get myself into the left hand lane when it was safe to do so, after I had exited the roundabout. 

The amount of people I see who carry out the move from right hand lane to left hand lane as they are three quarters the way round the roundabout is making me think that this is something that is being taught to new drivers. Twice in the last two days I’ve had someone nearly come straight into the side of my car as we are going side by side round the roundabout. Can any new drivers confirm? 

Not a new driver but I have put my 17, 19 and 21 yo's through their driving test over the past 3 years and you're absolutely spot on in your opening paragraph.  "Stay in your lane and move left when it's safe" is the mantra.

Moving in to the left lane is the easy, yet cheap, option and, in fact, my eldest got failed in her first test for doing this.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not a new driver but I have put my 17, 19 and 21 yo's through their driving test over the past 3 years and you're absolutely spot on in your opening paragraph.  "Stay in your lane and move left when it's safe" is the mantra.

Moving in to the left lane is the easy, yet cheap, option and, in fact, my eldest got failed in her first test for doing this.

I do know that driving in the right hand lane when you are not overtaking anyone is classed as a major fault, and have also heard of people failing their test for that. 

It defies sense to encourage people to be changing lanes whilst on a roundabout, but with the frequency I see it happen I thought it might have been me that was in the wrong. 

4 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I do know that driving in the right hand lane when you are not overtaking anyone is classed as a major fault, and have also heard of people failing their test for that. 

It defies sense to encourage people to be changing lanes whilst on a roundabout, but with the frequency I see it happen I thought it might have been me that was in the wrong. 

This is a big no no in the driving test - especially on roundabouts.  I discussed this with my eldest's driving instructor and his advice was to keep following the road markings as the natural inclination is to move to the left as early as possible.

Edited by The_Kincardine

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

How have you found yourself right next to someone on the roundabout? 

26 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

How have you found yourself right next to someone on the roundabout? 

On a roundabout on a dual carriageway where I’m in the left lane and another car is in the right lane, both going straight on. 

4 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

On a roundabout on a dual carriageway where I’m in the left lane and another car is in the right lane, both going straight on. 

You said the other car was 3/4 of the way round the roundabout though so I assumed they were turning right. 

image.png.c5264f8597731cddab6a0ecfbc4fc858.png

As for changing lanes on a roundabout, i find that the people who treat it as a throughabout (see red line) are much more dangerous as if you are on the inside there is nowhere to go except to slam on the braks as they meander all over the road 

image.png.c5264f8597731cddab6a0ecfbc4fc858.png
As for changing lanes on a roundabout, i find that the people who treat it as a throughabout (see red line) are much more dangerous as if you are on the inside there is nowhere to go except to slam on the braks as they meander all over the road 
Where I work there are three roundabouts in a row with short gaps between them and that is the common cause of horn blasts. Idiots

12 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Image result for how to drive roundabouts uk

The correct way

round.png.3c7675c9be00b59655987b87fd83e996.png

The wrong way, made worse when the c***s using the red route don't indicate

Bottom picture is only partially correct.

The green car absolutely should not be attempting to move over to the left hand lane when going straight on. However when turning right they SHOULD be able to to move to the left when coming off, as there shouldn’t be anything else beside them at that point.

It should only cause hassle if some p***k’s decided to turn right in the left hand lane or for those wankers that forget they need to give way to all lanes (yes, not just the left hand lane you complete nutters).

Obviously you need to be vigilant cause roundabouts seem to bring out the nutters but there’s nothing wrong with moving over to the left when safe to do so.

Edited by eez-eh

13 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Bottom picture is only partially correct.

The green car absolutely should not be attempting to move over to the left hand lane when going straight on. However when turning right they SHOULD be able to to move to the left when coming off, as there shouldn’t be anything else beside them at that point.

It should only cause hassle if some p***k’s decided to turn right in the left hand lane or for those wankers that forget they need to give way to all lanes (yes, not just the left hand lane you complete nutters).

Obviously you need to be vigilant cause roundabouts seem to bring out the nutters but there’s nothing wrong with moving over to the left when safe to do so.

Why not? What about somebody coming down the third road (for want of a better description) and going left?

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

46 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Why not? What about somebody coming down the third road (for want of a better description) and going left?

Then they’d need to wait until the green car had passed them before joining the roundabout as they’re supposed to do.

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Then they’d need to wait until the green car had passed them before joining the roundabout as they’re supposed to do.

I know you're right but it's counterintuitive when the road looks clear. 

On 01/03/2020 at 16:52, NewBornBairn said:

The wife needed in to town today to pick up her prescription so, it being a Sunday, I thought the disabled bays outside Boots might be free.

disabled.thumb.JPG.6e4f5240ad78716937cd2cf16089d1d4.JPG

No chance - filled with a Range Rover and a Mazda MX5. Had to park miles away then the wife struggled on the cobbles in her wheelchair but when we got to Boots (where BHS is in this pic) a woman and her daughter, clearly not disabled, got in to the Range Rover. My wife made a comment about them stealing disabled spaces to be met with the reply

"It's a Sunday, parking restrictions don't apply on a Sunday, you can park anywhere".

There's hardly any point arguing with ignorance like that. 

yasssss! The POWER of P&B!

Council crackdown on 'blatant' Stirling disabled parking bay abuse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-51822328

Has anyone else ever posted something on P&B and changed the world?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-51822328

Has anyone else ever posted something on P&B and changed the world?
Should hit them with penalty points. Imagine the riddy explaining that you are banned cause you are a self important wallaper and parked in a disabled bay putting you over the points threshold.
Would chuck their insurance up too.