c***s on the road

No speed limit, but it's always a busy street when there's lots of cars parked. The 20mph thing was only a rough guess. I don't have a speed gun for f**k sake. There are a lot of young kids in the street, and if for any reason one of them runs out between parked cars she won't have much breaking distance or time to react.

No speed limit, but it's always a busy street when there's lots of cars parked. The 20mph thing was only a rough guess. I don't have a speed gun for f**k sake. There are a lot of young kids in the street, and if for any reason one of them runs out between parked cars she won't have much breaking distance or time to react.

They should learn the Green Cross Code.

No speed limit you say? I'm taking my Impreza there tomorrow if you can supply me the location [emoji106]

2 things I took from this post.
1, 20 isn't "whizzing" when I go 20 I feel like I am  not moving.
2, As soon as you said fat cow I just knew she would give the Wife abuse. She walked into that 1.
Knowing that street, 20 is actually too fast.
It's narrow and fairly short.

The other problem is if you don't do 20 your wheels might get nicked...

The wife needed in to town today to pick up her prescription so, it being a Sunday, I thought the disabled bays outside Boots might be free.

disabled.thumb.JPG.6e4f5240ad78716937cd2cf16089d1d4.JPG

No chance - filled with a Range Rover and a Mazda MX5. Had to park miles away then the wife struggled on the cobbles in her wheelchair but when we got to Boots (where BHS is in this pic) a woman and her daughter, clearly not disabled, got in to the Range Rover. My wife made a comment about them stealing disabled spaces to be met with the reply

"It's a Sunday, parking restrictions don't apply on a Sunday, you can park anywhere".

There's hardly any point arguing with ignorance like that. 

Edited by NewBornBairn

33 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

The wife needed in to town today to pick up her prescription so, it being a Sunday, I thought the disabled bays outside Boots might be free.

disabled.thumb.JPG.6e4f5240ad78716937cd2cf16089d1d4.JPG

No chance - filled with a Range Rover and a Mazda MX5. Had to park miles away then the wife struggled on the cobbles in her wheelchair but when we got to Boots (where BHS is in this pic) a woman and her daughter, clearly not disabled, got in to the Range Rover. My wife made a comment about them stealing disabled spaces to be met with the reply

"It's a Sunday, parking restrictions don't apply on a Sunday, you can park anywhere".

There's hardly any point arguing with ignorance like that. 

You should have taken their number and reported the selfish, inconsiderate c***s.

I regularly abuse loading only parking, assuming that I'm unloading a parcel to the post office or off loading my sister to the bus station, or uploading some shopping would be sufficient excuse. Never more than 15 minutes though, maybe I've just been lucky. c***s who nick blue card spots are the biggest c***s of all though, had to park my mum a hundred yards away from Morrisons the other day, pushing her through blinding rain and when we got back there wasn't room to get her in the car from her wheelchair because a big SUV had parked in the next bay. 

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I regularly abuse loading only parking, assuming that I'm unloading a parcel to the post office or off loading my sister to the bus station, or uploading some shopping would be sufficient excuse. Never more than 15 minutes though, maybe I've just been lucky. c***s who nick blue card spots are the biggest c***s of all though, had to park my mum a hundred yards away from Morrisons the other day, pushing her through blinding rain and when we got back there wasn't room to get her in the car from her wheelchair because a big SUV had parked in the next bay. 

It's amazing how many disabled taxi drivers and white van drivers there are on the road. Also, who knew so many disabled people drove  luxury cars, sports coupes and pick-up trucks?

Actually watched one woman parking her 59 plate Mercedes CLS (?) coupe in the Aviemore Tesco car park on Thursday. The car park was pretty quiet which is unusual but she still felt the need to park in a parent and child bay. Squint. With half the car over the hatched lines and the nose sticking out 2 feet into the road. 

10 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

It's amazing how many disabled taxi drivers and white van drivers there are on the road. Also, who knew so many disabled people drove  luxury cars, sports coupes and pick-up trucks?

Actually watched one woman parking her 59 plate Mercedes CLS (?) coupe in the Aviemore Tesco car park on Thursday. The car park was pretty quiet which is unusual but she still felt the need to park in a parent and child bay. Squint. With half the car over the hatched lines and the nose sticking out 2 feet into the road. 

I can't say I'm a little bit surprised a woman could not park straight or even near correct.

Being honest all the new fangled bits on cars like the reverse beep or the rear parking cam are clearly for women.

Edited by Gaz FFC

14 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

It would have been a terrible shame if anything bad happened to her car.

Two Sundays in a row I've made an utter cock-up of the same roundabout, approaching from different directions. Nobody died, which is a plus.
Hang on m8, we're all perfect drivers on here, you're letting the side down.