c***s on the road

57 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Audi drivers are, in general, wankers. 

I own an Audi.

Ya’ll jealous.

I used to own an Audi. I am not a w****r.

The previous owner was a (soon to be ex) son-in-law. No comment.

This is what I see every single day without fail on my 35 minute dive to work:

- Drivers sat hogging the outside lane completely oblivious to any vehicles behind them while the left or middle lane sits empty. 

- A puff of smoke coming from the car in front's exhaust as they get the foot down as soon as you pull out to overtake. 

- Cars that overtake you then slow down to less than the speed you are travelling at and then the above happens. 

- Drivers that indicate and pull off their manoeuvre at the same time rendering the use of the indicator pointless. 

- Drivers having to cross 2 or 3 lanes to exit the slip road which appears to have surprised them at being on the left of the highway where every single other slip road is on the entire road network. 

Every single day. Fuckwits everywhere. 

You could probably have a thread dedicated to c***s on the Whitlett’s roundabout outside Ayr. It’s only been there about a decade so you’d think folk might have learned what lane goes where.

Nearly crashed into some w**k in an Audi yesterday as he decided that attempting to switch lanes at the last minute (without signalling) while squeezing himself into the small gap between me and the car in front was a wonderful idea. Needless to say he didn’t manage to pull this off - but still had time to outdo himself by going about 40 in a 30 zone once off the roundabout to get to the front of the queue at the next set of traffic lights.

Guest Moomintroll
- Drivers sat hogging the outside lane completely oblivious to any vehicles behind them while the left or middle lane sits empty. 
- A puff of smoke coming from the car in front's exhaust as they get the foot down as soon as you pull out to overtake. 
- Cars that overtake you then slow down to less than the speed you are travelling at and then the above happens. 
- Drivers that indicate and pull off their manoeuvre at the same time rendering the use of the indicator pointless. 
- Drivers having to cross 2 or 3 lanes to exit the slip road which appears to have surprised them at being on the left of the highway where every single other slip road is on the entire road network. 
Are you me?

13 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Are you me?

Deemintroll

45 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
4 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:
^^Can't afford a usedAudi A3. ^^

^^^ Doing the ^^^ wrong

^clutching at straws^€₩3

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

You could probably have a thread dedicated to c***s on the Whitlett’s roundabout outside Ayr. It’s only been there about a decade so you’d think folk might have learned what lane goes where.

Nearly crashed into some w**k in an Audi yesterday as he decided that attempting to switch lanes at the last minute (without signalling) while squeezing himself into the small gap between me and the car in front was a wonderful idea. Needless to say he didn’t manage to pull this off - but still had time to outdo himself by going about 40 in a 30 zone once off the roundabout to get to the front of the queue at the next set of traffic lights.

Whitletts is indeed a clusterfuck which I avoid at all costs when remotely busy. I've been here 12 years and was sure it's been in it's current configuration longer than that?

32 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

There's literally no classy Audi. Everything to A6 is a w**k company car, everything beyond it is a vulgar looking transformer.

At least the properly expensive BMW and Mercs exude a bit of panache.

RS3/RS4 are the dogs bollocks.

I take the M73 South/M74 North route home every night. This involves a 50 limit followed by a 70 limit followed by a 60 limit. Guaranteed every night there is at least one car that overtakes me on the M73 as I'm on the speed limit, gets overtaken by me just after it hits the 70 limit (I always need to get to the outside lane as they always roll along in the middle lane), and then glides past me at about 65mph a mile after we hit the 60 limit. It shouldn't annoy me but it fucking does.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Are you me?

If you fantasise daily on your commute about owning a Mad Max type vehicle and running all these oxygen thiefs off the road then yes, yes I am.

On 08/10/2019 at 16:34, Dee Man said:

Not true, but agreed on all the others.