microdave

c***s on the road

Just now, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Tantalisingly, the crash happened just a short walk from Ruel Street, where the two drivers could have gone to settle their differences and ascertain who was in the wrong. 

Presumably neither had their maws with them?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The left hand lane is A9 southbound you utter buffoon.  You should hand yourself in to the popo.

No wonder Broxden is an utter shitshow.

It's not.

Screenshot_20190918-090446_Maps.thumb.jpg.68a19f0f772d3b187d42b12d7e60091d.jpg

Screenshot_20190918-090628_Maps.thumb.jpg.d5a8c1a684a696029f40abc3baede949.jpg

So aye, its no wonder it's a shit show when folk have no fucking clue how it works.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's not.

Screenshot_20190918-090446_Maps.thumb.jpg.68a19f0f772d3b187d42b12d7e60091d.jpg

Screenshot_20190918-090628_Maps.thumb.jpg.d5a8c1a684a696029f40abc3baede949.jpg

So aye, its no wonder it's a shit show when folk have no fucking clue how it works.

Was the right hand land full? Why would you stay in the left lane to go North?  Its no wonder the left lane is massively backed up with there are folk want to go north. Use the right hand land like any sane sensible driver to go north and let those in the left hand lane go south. 

The signage is clearly nonsense on that roundabout and the sooner they make the left hand land a direct filter to the southbound A9 the better. 

A shitshow indeed.

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Was the right hand land full? Why would you stay in the left lane to go North?  Its no wonder the left lane is massively backed up with there are folk want to go north. Use the right hand land like any sane sensible driver to go north and let those in the left hand lane go south. 

The signage is clearly nonsense on that roundabout and the sooner they make the left hand land a direct filter to the southbound A9 the better. 

A shitshow indeed.

There were two lorries in the right hand lane to, presumably, turn to Perth, and folk were queuing up to go to Perth and half covering the right hand lane at my exit.

I had no option to stay in the left lane, as I came around the corner due to all this. 

A bit bizarre how I can follow lane signs, stay in my lane, someone can pull out in front of me, yet you're trying to blame me here, tbh.

Aye RG is right in the fact that he was technically in the correct lane. People are always looking to take chances at rush hour to get home literally 2 minutes earlier. Same in every city, Edinburgh is just as bad for it at places like Gogar and the Bypass.

a9.thumb.JPG.2ccd017213bccbd7d8196178c6e59f2f.JPG

However, I usually find the left lane has huge queues when I want to go South to Stirling so I go in the right hand lane then scoot across at the roundabout. 

Edited by NewBornBairn

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

a9.thumb.JPG.2ccd017213bccbd7d8196178c6e59f2f.JPG

However, I usually find the left lane has huge queues when I want to go South to Stirling so I go in the right hand lane then scoot across at the roundabout. 

I usually do too, but the lorries had the right hand queues up.

29 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A shitshow indeed.

"The signage on the roundabout could possibly be improved so for that reason, you should just follow my made up rules"

Image result for broxden roundabout crash accident

This is pretty common there. The lorry has been in the left hand lane to go north and has had to cut across two lanes on the roundabout. 

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

This is pretty common there. The lorry has been in the left hand lane to go north and has had to cut across two lanes on the roundabout. 

The road markings indicate that those joining from the M90 in the left lane can go into either the left lane on the roundabout for the A9 South, or the middle lane for A9 North or South.

RG's diagram shows him in the left lane on the roundabout, which is definitely A9 South only.

34 minutes ago, Quiet Riot said:

The road markings indicate that those joining from the M90 in the left lane can go into either the left lane on the roundabout for the A9 South, or the middle lane for A9 North or South.

RG's diagram shows him in the left lane on the roundabout, which is definitely A9 South only.

Screenshot_20190918-090446_Maps.thumb.jpg.51ccea895f2db77e6527b7bb8ef3a423.jpg

It's not.

I was in the right lane all the way around the roundabout, you seem to be taking the line I drew on a screenshot as exactly where I drove when it's just a squiggly line I've drawn, I was in the lane for a9 North the whole time.

Genuinely cant believe this is such an issue for folk to understand.

Edited by RandomGuy.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20190918-090446_Maps.thumb.jpg.51ccea895f2db77e6527b7bb8ef3a423.jpg

It's not.

It is on the roundabout, where it’s the left hand lane of 3. That pic isn’t on the roundabout.

There is a school of thought that doing 50 mph round the Broxden roundabout is perhaps a touch excessive, although I of course remain completely ambivalent to such matters.

2 minutes ago, Snobot said:

It is on the roundabout, where it’s the left hand lane of 3. That pic isn’t on the roundabout.

There is a school of thought that doing 50 mph round the Broxden roundabout is perhaps a touch excessive, although I of course remain completely ambivalent to such matters.

As I say, my line isnt an exact marker of where I was, because it's a line I've drawn.

Top tip: Please remember which account your using when replying, as that's now three separate ones in the same conversation. 

He just can’t stop scoring own goals at the moment...

1 hour ago, Quiet Riot said:

Incorrect. 

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm the blue line, travelling from the bottom of the picture towards the top. In the left hand lane with traffic beside me, who also follow that route.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I was in the right lane all the way around the roundabout,

Can't quite understand what caused the confusion. Anyway, tossing out accusations of duplicate sleeper P&B dotting accounts because a couple of folk have mildly commented on a couple of your posts seems a bit much.* 

And on that note, I'm out.

*Top tip - me and quiet riot are definitely, 100% the guy who flashed you at the roundabout when you cut us, sorry, me up. Of course we are. 

51 minutes ago, harry94 said:

This debate is incredible.

That's certainly one way to describe it...

6 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Lorry has fucked it - the dashed lines clearly show him/her how to get onto the middle lane.