microdave

c***s on the road

1 hour ago, nsr said:

I was stuck behind the polis doing 40 in a 60 in the countryside for quite some distance the other day. Not sure why.

Any overtaking opportunities? I'd bet 90% of drivers would shite it if there was despite there being 20mph to play with. 

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Any overtaking opportunities? I'd bet 90% of drivers would shite it if there was despite there being 20mph to play with. 

None that I would tried with the kids in the car.

c***s in a garage for this.

Took car in last week to get key scratches fixed on the bonnet.

All fine and well. However I forgot to take a picture of the mileage before handing the key in and it's came back with half a tank less, several 100km rolling it over 10000km (I FUCKING WANTED TO ROLL IT OVER TO 10000) and a snidey little empty can of red bull hiding in the holder behind the hand brake which sadly only noticed after a day. Fuckers are based literally around the corner but I have nothing to back me up, should I still go give them shit!?

All fine and well. However I forgot to take a picture of the mileage before handing the key in and it's came back with half a tank less, several 100km rolling it over 10000km (I FUCKING WANTED TO ROLL IT OVER TO 10000) and a snidey little empty can of red bull hiding in the holder behind the hand brake which sadly only noticed after a day. Fuckers are based literally around the corner but I have nothing to back me up, should I still go give them shit!?
I would. You should also record the confrontation and put it on YouTube as that's what is the thing to do nowadays. If it turns nasty you'll make enough money to be able to replace your car with a new one.

On the downside you may get hospitalised or die.

16 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Yes.  The spotty 18 year old apprentice has clearly fancied a trip to Tesco for his lunch and taken your motor.

Edit - Ok you're in Germany, Aldi then.

Edited by TheScarf

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

48 minutes ago, Black and White Tragic said:

I would. You should also record the confrontation and put it on YouTube as that's what is the thing to do nowadays. If it turns nasty you'll make enough money to be able to replace your car with a new one.

On the downside you may get hospitalised or die.

48 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yes.  The spotty 18 year old apprentice has clearly fancied a trip to Tesco for his lunch and taken your motor.

Edit - Ok you're in Germany, Aldi then.

Just ask who won the f****** war, that'll show them.

Just had a cyclist shout abuse at me for walking out in front of him, despite him being about ten yards away and travelling at about 5mph. There’s a better chance of me getting my Nat King tonight than there was of there being any sort of accident between us.

Just had a cyclist shout abuse at me for walking out in front of him, despite him being about ten yards away and travelling at about 5mph. There’s a better chance of me getting my Nat King tonight than there was of there being any sort of accident between us.

A stick in between the wheel spokes will do the trick next time.

19 hours ago, IainMorton said:

To be fair to him he was probably lost in a fantasy he was going as fast as Lance Armstrong.

8 minutes ago, nsr said:

To be fair to him he was probably lost in a fantasy he was going as fast as Lance Armstrong.

I would normally wait for a cyclist to pass but there was a huge queue of traffic coming up behind him and couldn’t be arsed waiting any longer than I had to.

There's a white line down the middle of (most) road(s), why is it impossible for some drivers to keep on the correct side of it?

There's a white line down the middle of (most) road(s), why is it impossible for some drivers to keep on the correct side of it?

I treat them more like a guide line

I pay full road tax not half road tax.

11 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Because the paper licence says 

Spoiler

Tear along the dotted line

coat please!

People who begin to signal at the moment they begin to perform the manoeuvre. What's the point of that?

My wife still insists on using her signals even if there isn't another car or human being in sight.

People who begin to signal at the moment they begin to perform the manoeuvre. What's the point of that?
My wife still insists on using her signals even if there isn't another car or human being in sight.
That shows she is doing it through habit and not through concentrating on other road users who may benefit from her indicating.