microdave

c***s on the road

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If you take the new bypass connecting to it from Glenurquhart Road to Inshes, the roundabouts approach infinity. 

Just checked there, including the Inches roundabout and the one at the swing bridge at the other end of the new bypass, there's 13 roundabouts.  

Only about 3 of these have lane markings, so you can imagine how many fucking dickheads are just choosing what ever lane they fancy and just sticking their indicator on at random.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Just checked there, including the Inches roundabout and the one at the swing bridge at the other end of the new bypass, there's 13 roundabouts.  

Only about 3 of these have lane markings, so you can imagine how many fucking dickheads are just choosing what ever lane they fancy and just sticking their indicator on at random.

The speed limits seem to change between 30 and 40 and back for no apparent reason too, which I'm a bit paranoid about with 6 points. I live near Glenurquhart Road, and I usually end up going through town and the Crown instead to get to Inshes, which kind of does away with the point of the new West Link. 

There is a roundabout/ circle on the Lochee bypass that the drivers do my nut in.

There's a hatched area on the inside and two lanes. Drivers routinely either drive across the hatched area or straddle both lanes...

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The speed limits seem to change between 30 and 40 and back for no apparent reason too, which I'm a bit paranoid about with 6 points. I live near Glenurquhart Road, and I usually end up going through town and the Crown instead to get to Inshes, which kind of does away with the point of the new West Link. 

I've never noticed that.  I always do 45-50 along it. 😎

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Feels like a lot more, surprised by that.

Just because you go round them all 3 times because you're not sure of your exit, it doesn't mean there are 39 of them.

Anyway, todays rant - maybe this should be c**** in a car park - I was in two different car parks today, both of which have a one way system to allow traffic to flow. They might as well have signs saying "Drive whatever f****** direction you want, particularly if you're a female and driving a people carrier". 

Unbelievable the amount of people who blithely ignored the one way system. Not helped by the fact that the vast majority of cars nowadays appear not to have indicators.

The car park at the retail park at the beach at Aberdeen.

As you drive in you coming down the middle of the car park. As you get to the bottom of the entrance road the road is clearly marked that have right of way for going on to the right towards the Asda.

The number of fucknuggets coming from the left despite there being clear give way markings that just go straight on or turn right to exit and cut you up nearly causing an accident is unbelievable

If we're on the subject of lanes specifically marked for one thing, the right hand lane on Great Western Road just before Napiershall Street is marked as right turn only.

DON'T FUCKING GO STRAIGHT FROM THAT LANE, YOU FUCKING c***s.

Thanks

Roundabouts you say? Try this one in Swindon 
_63126500_msn_magic_roundabout_470x350.jpg&key=cd727d6eed32e081d50cbc93c113bfd00e3480bdae0ae0fdb4190bb3b1bdd2e1
I have driven round it once. It is actually quite easy to navigate

50 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:
Roundabouts you say? Try this one in Swindon 
_63126500_msn_magic_roundabout_470x350.jpg&key=cd727d6eed32e081d50cbc93c113bfd00e3480bdae0ae0fdb4190bb3b1bdd2e1

I have driven round it once. It is actually quite easy to navigate

Indeed and that's the whole point of it.  It's similar to the one in Hemel which I drive through often:

hemel.jpg.f3604ac5d85cb0454025b42d3eef3994.jpg

I think what confuses some drivers is that they think the big green bit in the middle is the roundabout.  It isn't.  It's a series of mini roundabouts and you can choose to go left or right depending on traffic and still end up where you planned to go.

People who drive up to a double lane roundabout in the inside lane, and don’t bother to stay in the inside lane as they drive round the roundabout, but instead just go straight across, using the outside lane, wether someone’s there or not.

I’ve got a section of road near me where it’s 4 roundabouts in quick succession and I can actually spot the cars that are going to do it now as they don’t bother lining their car up correctly coming on to the roundabout. Got an old woman driving a brand new Jag that done it at all 4 roundabouts the other day. She was completely oblivious as to what she was doing. 

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

People who drive up to a double lane roundabout in the inside lane, and don’t bother to stay in the inside lane as they drive round the roundabout, but instead just go straight across, using the outside lane, wether someone’s there or not.

I’ve got a section of road near me where it’s 4 roundabouts in quick succession and I can actually spot the cars that are going to do it now as they don’t bother lining their car up correctly coming on to the roundabout. Got an old woman driving a brand new Jag that done it at all 4 roundabouts the other day. She was completely oblivious as to what she was doing. 

It won't be brand new for long if she keeps that up...

It all depends on being aware of traffic around you who may be affected by your actions. If the road is completely clear I will use the shortest route through a roundabout or the opposing lane on a right hand bend for example. The problems described above are caused by drivers having no knowledge or care about vehicles around them.

Image result for arc de triomphe traffic

Ignore the stupid plane. Anyone that's been to the Arc de Triumph knows that this roundabout is utterly mental. In May I think we stood watching for about 15 minutes just people going in all directions at times, c***s diving off, diving in everything. 

960x0.jpg%253Ffit=scale&key=0f28d078e8dd44f1bee0f727c2a774c68653221124305c1db0ae54066ebbc843
Ignore the stupid plane. Anyone that's been to the Arc de Triumph knows that this roundabout is utterly mental. In May I think we stood watching for about 15 minutes just people going in all directions at times, c***s diving off, diving in everything. 
I'm not sure if it's the case or just an urban myth but in the photo you can see a blue line separating the inside two lanes from the rest - I was told that if you find yourself inside the blue line your insurance is no longer valid...

If you find yourself in the inside 2 lanes you'd better hope you have enough food and water for a long drive...

960x0.jpg%253Ffit=scale&key=0f28d078e8dd44f1bee0f727c2a774c68653221124305c1db0ae54066ebbc843
Been round that roundabout a couple of times on a tour bus and seen a number of near misses. Also seen the aftermath of a crash between a car and a coach(front of car sitting inside the luggage compartment of the coach. There is an underpass from each pavement to get to the Arc de Triumph but you still see tourists(was manly Asians and some Americans when I was there) crossing the roundabout to get there.

4 hours ago, ajwffc said:
6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Been round that roundabout a couple of times on a tour bus and seen a number of near misses. Also seen the aftermath of a crash between a car and a coach(front of car sitting inside the luggage compartment of the coach. There is an underpass from each pavement to get to the Arc de Triumph but you still see tourists(was manly Asians and some Americans when I was there) crossing the roundabout to get there.

I embarrassed myself the first time I went to the Arc de Triomphe when I audibly mumbled "How the f**k are you meant to get across?" only to hear the response "There's an underpass, ken" from a random Aberdonian who was standing beside me.

20 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I embarrassed myself the first time I went to the Arc de Triomphe when I audibly mumbled "How the f**k are you meant to get across?" only to hear the response "There's an underpass, ken" from a random Aberdonian who was standing beside me.

Did you tell him that you're called Mark.

3 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Did you tell him that you're called Mark.

I said "Cheers Jimmy", and he didn't question me, so I didn't question him.