Jump to content
microdave

c***s on the road

Recommended Posts

On 29/07/2019 at 23:31, NewBornBairn said:

I'm astonished to find that all these young drivers that know absolutely everything and are driving geniuses have more accidents than the rest of us put together. Astonished I tell you.

I fit in the 24-29 category, so there you go.

Most young drivers coming in to my work have those daft boxes these days, so the moment they speed they get an email. 

The "statistics" show more crashes from young folk because they actually report it when they've bumped into folk, theres about 6 old folk come into my work with new scratches and dents on their car every year with absolutely no fucking clue when it happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've literally paid more for insurance as a new driver than have one of those stupid fucking spying boxes. Get those tae f**k, they should be mandatory for those c***s that constantly get it all wrong on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I fit in the 24-29 category, so there you go.

Most young drivers coming in to my work have those daft boxes these days, so the moment they speed they get an email. 

The "statistics" show more crashes from young folk because they actually report it when they've bumped into folk, theres about 6 old folk come into my work with new scratches and dents on their car every year with absolutely no fucking clue when it happened.

Accident stats would be vastly different if folk actually took responsibility for banging into/scraping parked cars at supermarkets and the like. My OH's car got reversed into by some old c**t up at the leisure centre car park a couple of years back. The doddery c**t didn't even realise he'd done it, and left his VW Touareg sitting against her front bumper. When confronted about it he denied all knowledge and accused her of faking the prang to get money out of him. His daughter even had the cheek to accuse her of bullying her old man 😂

We got the Police involved who checked the centre's CCTV. He changed his tune fucking rapidly after that and offered to pay for the repair himself as he didn't want to involve insurance companies. Obvs we took it to the most expensive body shop in the area.

Old c***s can moan about young drives all they want, however it's undeniable that young drivers are subject to far more stringent driving tests than they ever were, equally undeniable that eyesight and reflexes deteriorate over time, and therefore drivers should be re-tested. It's an utter nonsense that there are folk pottering about on the roads that haven't had any sort of driving examination for about 60+ years. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I've literally paid more for insurance as a new driver than have one of those stupid fucking spying boxes. Get those tae f**k, they should be mandatory for those c***s that constantly get it all wrong on the road.

I hate them with a passion, a total scam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years ago an elderly driver drove straight across a junction and crashed into the rear driver's side of my parents' car. She continued up the road without stopping.

My parents put their car into the local garage. On the same day the other driver brought her car to the same garage. The mechanics clocked right away that it was the car that hit my parents' one. The old dear however said that she had crashed into a wall. Ended with her having her licence taken from her.

Once parked at a council car park to take the dogs to the beach. Came back to find a headlight panned in. An elderly driver had reversed into it. Fortunately a policeman was parked up waiting to go to an interview and saw what happened. He passed her details on. I've no doubt that if he hadn't been there she would just have gone on her way.

It should be noted that the car park holds about 200 cars and there was about 6 cars parked there at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cringe when it is a little windy. Feckers (99% old women) that dont realise when opening their doors in said conditions in car parks. Door flys open 90degrees. Hits paintwork etc.

"Oh sorry it was the wind"

No it was not you fecking brainless halfwit.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pumpkin Escobar said:

A few years ago an elderly driver drove straight across a junction and crashed into the rear driver's side of my parents' car. She continued up the road without stopping.

My parents put their car into the local garage. On the same day the other driver brought her car to the same garage. The mechanics clocked right away that it was the car that hit my parents' one. The old dear however said that she had crashed into a wall. Ended with her having her licence taken from her.

Once parked at a council car park to take the dogs to the beach. Came back to find a headlight panned in. An elderly driver had reversed into it. Fortunately a policeman was parked up waiting to go to an interview and saw what happened. He passed her details on. I've no doubt that if he hadn't been there she would just have gone on her way.

It should be noted that the car park holds about 200 cars and there was about 6 cars parked there at that time.

A lassie at my work in her 20s knocked off someone's wing mirror and drove off as quick as possible. 

Many years ago, another woman in her 20s at my work crashed into the only two other cars in quite a large car park. 

Conclusively proving that anecdotes are shite evidence for general propositions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pumpkin Escobar said:

A few years ago an elderly driver drove straight across a junction and crashed into the rear driver's side of my parents' car. She continued up the road without stopping.

My parents put their car into the local garage. On the same day the other driver brought her car to the same garage. The mechanics clocked right away that it was the car that hit my parents' one. The old dear however said that she had crashed into a wall. Ended with her having her licence taken from her.

Once parked at a council car park to take the dogs to the beach. Came back to find a headlight panned in. An elderly driver had reversed into it. Fortunately a policeman was parked up waiting to go to an interview and saw what happened. He passed her details on. I've no doubt that if he hadn't been there she would just have gone on her way.

It should be noted that the car park holds about 200 cars and there was about 6 cars parked there at that time.

 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

A lassie at my work in her 20s knocked off someone's wing mirror and drove off as quick as possible. 

Many years ago, another woman in her 20s at my work crashed into the only two other cars in quite a large car park. 

Conclusively proving that anecdotes are shite evidence for general propositions. 

Nope, no conclusions can be drawn. None at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A lassie at my work in her 20s knocked off someone's wing mirror

 

I've seen the videos with the gear stick but never a wing mirror

Link please

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said this before on P&B, but I've personally witnessed at least half a dozen accidents that have been caused by some doddery old twat changing lanes / cutting folk up etc. forcing other drivers to take evasive action, meanwhile Archie Bunnet drives happily on oblivious to the carnage he's caused.

I'm always sceptical of statistics showing older drivers are the safest ones around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if accurate, such stats would only prove how good younger drivers are at anticipating useless old codgers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Younger driver v useless old codger story.

A couple of months ago I was in the outside lane coming up to lights at red when they changed so I carried on. After passing the last of the traffic in the inside lane, doing 30mph, I indicated left and moved over. At this point a younger driver fires his horn and flashes his lights at me, then follows me 2 miles down the road, does a U-turn at a pedestrian crossing when I pull in to go the shop, stops opposite me on the other side of the road in the outside lane and starts telling me he's reporting me to the Polis and has the video. Good luck explaining to them why you were trying to undertake me at excessive speed, then, I says, and walks away.

Still waiting for the knock on the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my car for 2 months now and it must be the longest I've had a new car without someone pranging it when parked up in Edinburgh. Clock is ticking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Younger driver v useless old codger story.
A couple of months ago I was in the outside lane coming up to lights at red when they changed so I carried on. After passing the last of the traffic in the inside lane, doing 30mph, I indicated left and moved over. At this point a younger driver fires his horn and flashes his lights at me, then follows me 2 miles down the road, does a U-turn at a pedestrian crossing when I pull in to go the shop, stops opposite me on the other side of the road in the outside lane and starts telling me he's reporting me to the Polis and has the video. Good luck explaining to them why you were trying to undertake me at excessive speed, then, I says, and walks away.
Still waiting for the knock on the door.


Does that make you the useless old codger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scw1987 said:

Younger driver v useless old codger story.

A couple of months ago I was in the outside lane coming up to lights at red when they changed so I carried on. After passing the last of the traffic in the inside lane, doing 30mph, I indicated left and moved over. At this point a younger driver fires his horn and flashes his lights at me, then follows me 2 miles down the road, does a U-turn at a pedestrian crossing when I pull in to go the shop, stops opposite me on the other side of the road in the outside lane and starts telling me he's reporting me to the Polis and has the video. Good luck explaining to them why you were trying to undertake me at excessive speed, then, I says, and walks away.

Still waiting for the knock on the door.

Maybe it's just me but I missed the bit where he was he trying to undertake you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scw1987 said:

Younger driver v useless old codger story.

A couple of months ago I was in the outside lane coming up to lights at red when they changed so I carried on. After passing the last of the traffic in the inside lane, doing 30mph, I indicated left and moved over. At this point a younger driver fires his horn and flashes his lights at me, then follows me 2 miles down the road, does a U-turn at a pedestrian crossing when I pull in to go the shop, stops opposite me on the other side of the road in the outside lane and starts telling me he's reporting me to the Polis and has the video. Good luck explaining to them why you were trying to undertake me at excessive speed, then, I says, and walks away.

Still waiting for the knock on the door.

If he's already established in the lane that you were changing into then I'm afraid that makes you the bad driver in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gaz said:

 

I'm always sceptical of statistics showing older drivers are the safest ones around.

Aye, never let the facts get in the way of a good story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hk blues said:

Aye, never let the facts get in the way of a good story

The facts are that I've witnessed at least half a dozen accidents directly caused by doddery old twats who won't appear in any statistics relating to those accidents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...