c***s on the road

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

This is what baffles me - the clue is in the name "a roundabout". Why not just go round it, filtering across to the correct lane? I've seen me in the wrong lane and just going round again.

He was in the left lane and the road lines take him into Hermiston Gait retail park.

18 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

He was in the left lane and the road lines take him into Hermiston Gait retail park.

It obviously depends what lane you need to be in but in the example you have given I am sure he could have exited said retail park and continued his onwards journey without causing panic and consternation among other road users.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

It obviously depends what lane you need to be in but in the example you have given I am sure he could have exited said retail park and continued his onwards journey without causing panic and consternation among other road users.
This exactly, any time I'm somewhere unfamiliar ( and one of those times was that very exit at hermiston gate) and realise I've made a balls of it and in the wrong lane I'll just come off, accept I've made a balls of it and work out how to get back where I need to be. much to the annoyance of Mrs P who would much rather I scythed across 3 lanes blindly to get into the right lane!

22 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
3 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

This exactly, any time I'm somewhere unfamiliar ( and one of those times was that very exit at hermiston gate) and realise I've made a balls of it and in the wrong lane I'll just come off, accept I've made a balls of it and work out how to get back where I need to be. much to the annoyance of Mrs P who would much rather I scythed across 3 lanes blindly to get into the right lane!

Snap! She'll be screeching "where are you going" as I take a 100 yard detour to turn and rejoin the roundabout. Her secret is to weave about and you might be in the right lane at your exit.

50 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Is the correct answer ^^^^

But wouldn't you prefer to slam on the brakes and make every road user behind you have an accident in their pants? I know someone who would.

42 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

American c**t Rick Steves videos himself in the middle lane of the motorway. Silly c**t thinks the model of his rental car is Airbag 🙄

Deleted the tweet but here's a copy

The c**t even says "In England you drive on the left". I take it his tweet was deleted due to abuse. Hopefully.

Hopefully the police who are currently on a surveillance mission on the cycling thread can take time out to charge him with using his phone and numerous other driving offences. 

As there is not a c***s in the petrol station thread. Why am I the only person that rolls in to the forecourt and swings the hose to the far side of the car, while every other fuckwit queues up. Do they not realise the thing is more than 3 foot long.
You actually get more fuel if you extend the hose fully [emoji106]

15 minutes ago, superbigal said:

As there is not a c***s in the petrol station thread. Why am I the only person that rolls in to the forecourt and swings the hose to the far side of the car, while every other fuckwit queues up. Do they not realise the thing is more than 3 foot long.
You actually get more fuel if you extend the hose fully emoji106.png

Aye?

21 minutes ago, superbigal said:

image.jpeg.8b8871c9f830b5e54e6d73fd24458247.jpeg

As much as cruise control is a great invention, it just highlights how much people don't keep an eye on their speed as it fluctuates between 55 - 70mph on the motorway.

There is nothing better than rapidly catching up on someone as you're sat at a fixed speed, pull out to overtake them and then they get the foot down so you're sat in the outside lane not overtaking like a right gimp. 

32 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Congratulations on saving 5p. Another 19 visits to the station and you'll have a whole pound  #winningatlife

Edited by I'm Brian

You actually get more fuel if you extend the hose fully [emoji106]

Forgive me if I'm being a bit thick here but where is the extra fuel coming from? I'm in no way an expert in the mechanics of a petrol pump but would the fuel not have to travel down the same length of hose regardless of how far it has been pulled out of the casing?

2 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Forgive me if I'm being a bit thick here but where is the extra fuel coming from? I'm in no way an expert in the mechanics of a petrol pump but would the fuel not have to travel down the same length of hose regardless of how far it has been pulled out of the casing?

Think what he is saying is that if you are stood next to the car, your hose (quiet at the back please) will mostly be hanging down and the petrol will remain in the hose. The way he probably does it is have the hose over the car so all of the petrol runs down. It's a ridiculously minimal saving to be bragging about.

2 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Think what he is saying is that if you are stood next to the car, your hose (quiet at the back please) will mostly be hanging down and the petrol will remain in the hose. The way he probably does it is have the hose over the car so all of the petrol runs down. It's a ridiculously minimal saving to be bragging about.

I would guess the cut-out valve is in the nozzle meaning that stretching the hose (fnarr) makes no difference whatsover. 

Watching the idiots queue for the pump on their tank side while you cruise into an available pump at the 'wrong' side and fuel up and leave while they're still queuing is most satisfying though. 

Having said that, there is one garage near me which doesn't quite reach the other side no matter how close you park to the pump. I won't be making a c**t of myself like that again.